Apprentice 2

Brent_Dude33

Who here is looking forward to The Apprentice 2?. I know i am i loved the first one. I hate most reality shows but something about this one that perked my intrest.

I wanted Troy to win but oh well Bill will do good in Chicago.

Edited by Brent_Dude33

"Whos more of the fool,the fool or the fool who follows". Obi-Wan Kenobi

Brent M.

I'm with you, Brent -- I enjoyed The Apprentice almost as much as The Amazing Race. (When is that one going to come back??)

I didn't particularly think any of these candidates were problem-free -- Bill with his nervous lip-chewing, Troy with his 'anything goes' ethics, Kwame with his poor oversight skills. Most disappointing? Omarosa has parlayed this into more than her share of notoriety. Man, she was tough to watch!

"Could we ever know each other in the slightest without the arts?"

« Nous connaîtrions-nous seulement un peu nous-mêmes, sans les arts? »

Quoted on Canada's $20 bill; from Gabrielle Roy's novel La montagne secrète. The English translation, The Hidden Mountain, is by Harry L. Binsse.

I must totally agree with you on the Omarosa stuff. Man i was happy when she got fired. She was so hard to watch her and Hiedi fighting over luch and what not. She screwed Kwame in the finale task to bad for him. But then i think to my self why would he choose her second? Like really if she was that bad why choose her then. Could have taken Nick or Amy hmm oh well Bill was the better man.

Yea i liked the amazing race as well; Cool to see all the different locations they travel through. I dont know when t he next one will be airing; ive hurd rumors that the show will never run again due to the increasing security involved with traveling. Which would be a shame it was very intresting show.

Besides those two shows i hardley watch reality tv. One show that makes me really really sick is The Swan. Dont know if you have see it, But let me tell you Tim its so sick. For 3 months 2 women get plastic surgery and all kinds of other things and at the end of the show they choose who looks the best. The prob i have is that most of these woman are actually pretty good looking to beggin with. If they just did their hair and maybe some makeup they would be really pretty. But these woman they choose feel like plastic surgery is the only way out which is sick. This one chick was really pretty to start with but after the operatins and stuff she looked liked Shannon Elizabeths double. It was actually sick how much she changed her body. How can people do that to them selves?

Oh well enough rambling for me today.

Chow Dude.

Brent M.

I've never seen The Swan, but wouldn't plan to... It's such a shame for people to agonize over image and appearance. Plastic surgeons are reporting heightened business because of these shows, another example of how the media reflects, yet also leads, society.

(One thing I wonder about plastic surgery... don't you think it's going to be weird when people who marry a babe/hunk have kids who look totally unrelated? People will admire little Johnny, "Oh, he's got your, um, elbows!" And will these image-conscious moms/dads insist on surgically renovating their kids to fix their 'defects'? Or will genetic engineering allow parents to pre-select physical attributes? Crazy, huh?)

Quoted on Canada's $20 bill; from Gabrielle Roy's novel La montagne secrète. The English translation, The Hidden Mountain, is by Harry L. Binsse.

Man i never even thought about the kids. Thats really creepy to think about Tim. I think the parents would put pressure on the kids to look their best and be thier best to cover up the flaws of beeing natural looking. It is pretty sick, Why would you want to go through all those operations just to look like something that when you look in the mirror you dont even reconize your own image.

Ive got a friend who has gotten plastic surgery on her face and on other locations of the body. She sais it hurts so much to get these operations. So my question is why do it? Has our personal image become the focal point of who we are? I always thought natural beauty was better than made up beauty. Guess i'm wrong in most cases.

I just dont understand why some people must cover up or cut off what they have. Its a sick thing to do and in the long wrong it only wrecks your body.

Oh and trust me you dont want to see the Swan. I'll go with a Jane Doe anytime atleast i know what they really look like.

Brent M.

• 4 months later...

So why did Brad get fired? Was it because he waved his immunity?

Simply, yes. It was the impulsiveness of his decision that cost him his job. Trump was absolutely correct in saying that that kind of impulsiveness could destroy a business. Brad may have been the best in the room, but his actions belied an immaturity that in business can be extremely detrimental.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

So Tim, are you watching again this season? Anybody else from the Amazing Race love-in group? I'm guessing that run and Baal are regular viewers....

I had to watch the rebroadcast of last week's show just to see Brad's much-touted boardroom foot-in-the-mouth fiasco. And now this show is dangerously close to becoming yet another must-see reality TV show (it would be #3 for me).

Sigh. Trying to fight it. Not sure if I can.

So Tim, are you watching again this season? Anybody else from the Amazing Race love-in group? I'm guessing that run and Baal are regular viewers....

I had to watch the rebroadcast of last week's show just to see Brad's much-touted boardroom foot-in-the-mouth fiasco. And now this show is dangerously close to becoming yet another must-see reality TV show (it would be #3 for me).

Sigh. Trying to fight it. Not sure if I can.

I'm with you Diane. I saw the last few episodes of The Apprentice last year and, while I enjoyed it for the "what not to do at work" lessons I learned, I swore I wouldn't get sucked in again.

Alas, I did. This recent episode was awesome--Ivana looked like she was about to toss her cookies all over that desk.

This show embodies everything I hate about reality TV, which is mainly contestants griping and backstabbing each other, then whining about it when it happens to them. Yet there's something so dang fascinating in watching professional adults act like spoiled, stupid children. I can't understand why I can't stand Survivor but find myself glued to the TV during Apprentice .

Maybe it has to do with Trump's bluntness. I really don't like the candidate interviews during the show, but I love the boardroom. Heh.

This makes the third reality show for me now--what is the universe doing to me? blink.gif

Edited by mpfan
Subtlety is underrated

I've only seen about 15-minutes so far, and I don't think I have the luxury of time I did last year. We take possession of our new 'renovation special' next week, and I'm pretty sure I'll be up to my armpits in sawdust and drywall for the fall.

I do enjoy The Apprentice, but if The Amazing Race is coming back, I'll preserve my time for that.

Having missed the Magic 8-Ball incident, I have to ask

So, I did watch last night but I felt a little lost: what can anyone tell me about this strange 8-ball incident, and is it really worth getting fired over?

Wow, Tim. Synchronicity!

(cue the Twilight Zone music...) biggrin.gif

We watched the season-two opener, and although I think I

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Couldn't they have shown us a clip of that last night? It made me think that the cameras missed it, and we had to decide (along with Trump) what and who to believe.

But I feel sorry for that young woman -- that's a very public humiliation, to be fired for being 'crazy'! Yikes.

I viewed the 8-ball as blowing off steam. Should she have been fired last night when there were others who had screwed up more this week? Probably not. Would Trump be putting her in charge of one of his companies? No way. I do think she was in over her head and would be gone sooner or later. The other 2 in the board room may actually be able to learn from their mistakes and grow into people Trump could trust a company to. However, the going over budget and the chaotic managing may well dog the other two if they survive to later rounds. Somehow I doubt Trump forgets such things unless they are proven to be isolated.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Christian, you do know that NBC rebroadcasts the show on Saturday nights, right? Or that's what they promised last night: "Tune in Saturday for an encore (dontcha love the fancy talk for "rerun"?) of The Apprentice, with 15 MORE MINUTES from the board room." I think they ran last week's show again on a Sunday night, so look for it on the weekends.

Thanks for the info. Sounds, uh, odd. The other contestants were saying her actions were "schizophrenic." If true, I believe them when they say they were scared. I've witnessed this sort of thing when a college professor took a bad turn over the course of a few weeks of classes, resulting in a complete breakdown. It was truly scary. And very sad. If this contestant has a problem, I hope she gets help. But I didn't see any signs of anything like this last night

Edited by Diane

The biggest problem I have with this show is all the lying that happens, both to Trump and to us. I don't trust the editing in any reality show, so not knowing what's really true bugs the heck out of me. I prefer to actually know what happened, then watch Trump trying to figure it out based on his life's experiences, and the apprentices trying to snowball him--it's not going to work, but it's entertaining nonetheless. If I don't know quite what to believe, I'm not going to care. So this episode irritated me. It felt like they were ganging up on her, but there was some validity to their claims--I just don't know how much.

At the same time, I think Trump did the right thing--he learned his lesson last year with Omarosa!

I'm not sure that Stacie J. should have been fired this round, though. Quite honestly, Ivana strikes me as incompetent. I also bet if she had been chosen for the boardroom instead of Stacie, she would have been the one fired, because she started to cry in front of Trump. Big no-no.

Edited by mpfan
Subtlety is underrated

spoilers1.gif

This news story contains a spoiler alert about half way through. You only need to read the top half to get the gist, but apparently some off shore bookie sites taking bets on the outcome of The Apprentice have closed off betting, after noticing a betting trend that may indicate someone "in the know" has leaked information about the shows outcome.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

Okay, last night's show was a true embarrasment for the women. "Your problem is that you think you're popular and everyone likes you!" Good grief, are they still in middle school? Is this a homecoming queen competition? I was quite satisfied with the firing.

Okay, last night's show was a true embarrasment for the women. "Your problem is that you think you're popular and everyone likes you!" Good grief, are they still in middle school? Is this a homecoming queen competition? I was quite satisfied with the firing.

Yeah, the firing was obvious, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Stacey go. I do think she used Jen's (that was the fired woman's name, right?) poor leadership as an excuse to be outwardly snotty and dour about the whole affair. The others showed the same contempt, but reserved their dismay for the on-camera interviews.

I have to say that, contrary to the "Who cares about these people?" reviews I've heard on the season 2 participants, I'm finding "The Apprentice" contestants much more to my liking this time around. The women are catty, but I think the gender segregation, more than anything else, amplifies that trait. For next week's Big Surprise, I'd like to see the Donald mix the teams up.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

For next week's Big Surprise, I'd like to see the Donald mix the teams up.

With the rate Apex is losing people, mixing the teams is going to have to happen soon.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

Harold and Maude

I'm with you on this. These are the best businesswomen in the U.S? Mercy, I hope not.

So far, the only women I like are Pamela and the other Jennifer. The others can go. They are either unprofessional or incompetent. I really feel for Pamela. She did not look happy in the preview.

There hasn't really been enough of the men yet, so I don't know who I favor. I really liked Kelly as a leader, and I was pleased he asked Trump to give all the ice cream profits to charity. The vanilla mint toothpaste episode (and btw, can I just say, ick?) seemed to show Kevin as a good leader. I couldn't really tell that Raj did anything this time--Chris seemed to be the one really in charge.

Subtlety is underrated