Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

7 deadly sins mapped out

That's fascinating, Darrel. My home area of Northern Virginia is in the clear on some sins, but deep iin purple on others. The aggregate, pride, shows my area being clipped by, or possibly deeply submerged in purple (looks like we caught the border),

Edited by Christian

By and large, Minnesota was either "middle of the road" or "Near Saintly" in everything. A very small splotch leaning into pink for sloth and envy.

Kind of interesting that for lust is so low for CA.

Edited by Nezpop

So there's something inherently moral about agriculture and coal mining?

Or it's more morally beneficial to be north of the Bible Belt than actually in it?

I have a theory about lower Michigan. The I-94 corridor. Wrath is completely understandable to anyone who has "driven" I-94 in Michigan in Summer. If the marked off unworked construction lanes don't get you (seeming rule: minimum site would be 8 miles), the mere two lanes dedicated for 75% of the traverse of the highway that is the main east-west artery for the state's prime population center will.

Further, half of the state's higher academic institutions are near the highway which explains envy, pride (but purple out west?), and of course, heh, lust.

I have a theory about lower Michigan. The I-94 corridor. Wrath is completely understandable to anyone who has "driven" I-94 in Michigan in Summer.

Does that explain all the dead deer at regular intervals along the side of the road?

And what's the deal with the U.P.?

Does that explain all the dead deer at regular intervals along the side of the road?

Are you saying that you've been within the friendly (though largely unemployed) confines of my fair state in recent days and I haven't known about it? Or are you making a general comment about the geographic nature of I-94 from Port Huron, MI to Seattle(?)? Actually, once you get past the extreme western suburbs of Detroit, the potential for roadkill of deer population drops off. I think that hunting laws have allowed the population to get out of control near the state's most dense population area.

And what's the deal with the U.P.?

Not just the UP. Anything north of the Cadillac/Saginaw line seems to be pretty bland on the sins map, eh?

He's got to be talking about I94 and I196 between Chicago and Grand Rapids. This is a trip that has more roadkilled, smashed up and bloodied remains of car-gutted deer than anywhere else I've seen. And it's always within the Michigan boundaries.

I'm not surprised at that description. Michigan sems to be deer makeout heaven. Some follow the Rouge-Clinton River system (often not even a creek in some suburbs) down deep into ring suburbs of Detroit. They don't find their way onto crosstown I-696 only because they can't figure out freeway entrance ramps yet. Yet.

Still mando, let us know when you go wolverine next time.

I'm talking about I-94 between Detroit and Kalamazoo, as well as I-96 from Detroit to Lansing. Both were littered with deer carcasses when I drove on them. This was several years ago. I haven't been back to Michigan in a while.

IIRC the U.P. was pretty high on the greed map compared to the rest of Michigan.

No. Actually the UP is stunningly, blandly neutral beige except on Lust where it is a saintly chartreuse. Thus my suspicions of this whole enterprise. There are two state universities up there with little to do when snowed in but schoolwork and.... during severe winters. Neither are known as top tier academics, though solid and fine "directional schools".