Samson & Delilah

If there is one Australian film to look out for in the near future, It's "Samson & Delilah." An amazing film by first time feature-length director Warwick Thornton. The story is about two aboriginal teenagers living in modern day Australia. This is NOT a sentimental film about the "stolen generation." This is a sobering, nuanced, heartfelt and unfortunately honest depiction of the way many young Aborigines are growing up in Australia today. This is definitely a step forward for cinema in my country. If you hear about it getting a screening somewhere in the US, please try to see it. You will be glad you did!

I didn't think the trailer looked bad at all, but I typically don't like trailers that have no dialogue. They are usually trying to hide the fact that it's either A.) non-English speaking, or B.) non-understandable to American ears.

It won the Camera d'Or at Cannes. It could very well be nominated for Australia's choice for the Oscars. This kind of momentum certainly peaks my interest.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Agreed. Watching both of the Transformers trailers convinced me not to see either one. And I think I'm all the better for it.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

• 7 months later...