Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I haven't heard of anything like that happening. But I don't read all that much on Transformers typically anyway.

Today's Sun-Times had an article which I just found online Here. Bay is slightly interviewed as well, and he calls Chicago's skyline "the most beautiful skyline in the world..." I've seen quite a few skylines and agree with this statement.

You can't get anywhere in downtown Chicago right now, this film is being shot all over the place and they are literally ripping up city streets in the process.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind if they did to Vancouver what they do to Chicago in the video below. But then, I don't live downtown any more, do I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MqGHJSZ3rk

Last week they were only a block away from the Gene Siskel Arts Center. I wonder if they even stopped in and said "Hi." :)

Bay is just filming there to give Ebert the finger, right?

Heh. Chicago, like Michigan and other places in the midwest, is trying to make filming in their cities more attractive. It generates the moolah.

You can't get anywhere in downtown Chicago right now, this film is being shot all over the place and they are literally ripping up city streets in the process.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind if they did to Vancouver what they do to Chicago in the video below. But then, I don't live downtown any more, do I.

Somehow I think that clip will be more exciting than the film. Once they add in the overbearing music, I'm gone.

I think I might have seen Shie Lebeuf or whatever his name is standing on a huge pile of debris. I almost want to see T3 to see if I'm right. But then I'd have to see the other two. Oh, the tangled web...

You don't need to see the other two. Robots fight. Megan Fox is tight. Shia LeBouf is not the same character from the cartoon. John Turtullo is embarrassingly bad. There's some parents who are stupid. Robots fight again.

Done. You're ready to see Three.

You don't need to see the other two. Robots fight. Megan Fox is tight. Shia LeBouf is not the same character from the cartoon. John Turtullo is embarrassingly bad. There's some parents who are stupid. Robots fight again.

Done. You're ready to see Three.

You know the nature of a completist. Even if it means he has to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Stall.

'Transformers 3' wraps early in Chicago after an extra is injured

The production company filming “Transformers 3” scrapped plans to film its final scenes in Chicago after a bank teller working as an extra was critically injured this week, a city official said Friday.

Filming of the action movie was scheduled to be completed Thursday, with final scenes being shot at Millennium Park, the city said. Those plans were canceled after 24-year-old Gabriela Cedillo was struck in the head Wednesday night during filming in Hammond, Ind. . . .

Cedillo was injured as the movie crew filmed a scene in Hammond that involved drivers moving along a busy highway as explosions went off in the opposite lane. A metal object smashed through the windshield of her car and struck her in the head. Her car continued moving, skidding along the inner median concrete barrier for about a mile before coming to a stop, Indiana state police said. . . .

Los Angeles Times, September 3

It occurs to me, on watching this teaser, that Neil Armstrong is still alive. I wonder what HE makes of seeing this pivotal moment in his life fictionalized like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsw16g1wa9g

David Poland: "Bringing Anthony Breznican’s Twitter joke – 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon gets a teaser. Is that an F. Murray Abraham-bot?' – to you in living color."

fmurraytransformer.jpg

After seeing both the teaser trailer (in front of True Grit, of all things) and the Super Bowl spot (the movie one, not the one posted above), I'm a bit disappointed. With a title like Dark of The Moon, there would have been great excitement towards using Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon or Ozzy Osbourne's Bark At the Moon as a backing soundtrack.

But no, instead we get Transformery farts.

Edited by Clint M

It occurs to me, on watching this teaser, that Neil Armstrong is still alive. I wonder what HE makes of seeing this pivotal moment in his life fictionalized like this:

Neil Armstrong lives just north of Cincinnati--he taught engineering for years after his NASA work here at the University of Cincinnati. I've never ran into him, but from all accounts I've heard, he's pretty grumpy in general.

"Not Lupus"

That is awesome. :)

Neil Armstrong lives just north of Cincinnati--he taught engineering for years after his NASA work here at the University of Cincinnati. I've never ran into him, but from all accounts I've heard, he's pretty grumpy in general.

I'm somewhat certain he has a museum in his name somewhere out by Sidney, OH...

So does Buzz Aldrin, the oft neglected other guy traipsing around with Armstrong in the gigantic Transformer doohickey.

How very Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Inception previews with the loud thudding noise...

Update: BJ is right. I saw that the first film was on TV and for some reason my five year-old really digs it and it's a guy bonding thing if we watch a little bit and don't tell mommy. Well, he went to bed and I kept watching. I didn't make it to the end but, I mean, BUMBLEBEE? Because he's yellow and black, right? So, what, they have bumblebees on whatever planet he came from too and his mom and dad named him because he looked like a guy from Stryper?

STooooooooo.Pid.

Feel free to let me know if that really was Sheba standing on the debris. Can't guarantee I'll follow the thread that closely, though. Perhaps I'll see some of T3 on cable some day. It would have been one of those nights where I was searching the dial for MR AND MRS SMITH!!!

Well, Bumblebee used to be a yellow VW Bug. They changed his car design for the movie...

Jason Apuzzo @ Libertas has seen the TV spot below and likes the way it seems to hint that the United Nations might be collaborating with an alien invasion of Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq3nT5YJ8qA

(Political subtexts would not be unprecedented for this series; the first two films took digs at Bush and Obama, respectively.)

An early review from Den of Geek.

Unfortunately, because Dark Of The Moon is bigger than the previous two, it’s also even longer – from portentous beginning to solemn end, it clocks in at 154 of your Earth minutes. That’s only a shade shorter than Andrey Tarkovsky’s philosophical space opus, Solaris, and even longer than Terrence Malick’s similarly beard-stroking cosmic drama, The Tree Of Life.

Having sat through all 154 minutes, it’s still not obvious to me why Bay and his team of crack filmmakers made the film so exhaustingly long. What makes its length doubly mystifying is that we all know that, sooner or later, a whole load of evil Decepticons are going to appear, and that the virtuous Autobots will eventually have to get round to punching their heads off.

Yet it takes Michael Bay what feels like an eternity to get to that robot-on-robot action. For the first half of the film, Bay constructs a needlessly intricate web of characters old and new, establishing motivations that will later prove meaningless.

3 out of 5 stars.

NBooth wrote:

: Here's an amusing exchange between Michael Bay and a projectionist i/r/t the proper way to show Dark of the Moon

What a snotty little projectionist. Stop telling him how to do his job? His job is to show Michael Bay's movie the way Michael Bay's movie was meant to be shown. And he owes that just as much (if not moreso) to the audience as he does to Bay himself.

Given that projectionists are, as a simple matter of fact, falling down on the job, I don't think Bay's letter was out of line.