Sign in to follow this  
gigi

Board Crash (?)

Indeed.

Running a search for a movie title really, really shouldn't bring up every single post that happens to appear in a thread bearing that title.

Hopefully that's just a temporary glitch.

FWIW, one of the reasons I almost never use the "quote" feature is because every time the board has an upgrade, it loses the somewhat complicated formatting of all those "quoted" sections. I do, however, make ample use of the "indent" feature, which is basically indistinguishable from the regular HTML "blockquote" command, and which had always survived those upgrades until now. This time around, however, even the "indent" formatting seems to have been lost.

The board has not crashed. :) This is a planned update.

See here if you have questions or want to report anything that seems like it's broken.

That's interesting about the quotes. I'll see if there's anything we can do.

yeah, i worked that out ta :)

momentary fear that I had single-handedly broken the board passed rapidly, as did the panic that my uni network had frozen access to the board. Though if it had broken, it would have greatly aided my attempts to meet my deadline for tomorrow so, you know, if you feel like throwing a spanner in the works, at least one party would be appreciative...

Edited by gigi

gigi wrote:

: momentary fear that I had single-handedly broken the board passed rapidly . . .

Heh. From my POV, the board "crashed" right after I posted something in the <i>Antichrist</i> thread. So of course, I wondered. :)

There was a curious thing in my profile since the recent changes: I had supposedly chosen to ignore all the posts from Overstreet and Peter Chattaway - whereas I'd never asked that! (and didn't ask anything anyway) So I had to remove these weird requests in my profile.