Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Church Plans Bible Burning

In a similar and yet unrelated bit of drift. Yesterday and today the Fred Phelps wing of christian conversationalists are spending some quality time in San Diego. San Diego High School was on the schedule for yesterday. The "protest" took place as school got out. There were three adults and four children.

I now know: Obama is the Anti-Christ, God is my enemy, God hates..damn near everybody, we will resort to cannibalism and as noted by George Clinton, eat our young. I am still puzzled by the kid holding a "fag O'lantern" sign.

The Phelpsians stood on one corner. They were far outnumbered by reporters and the cadre of uniformed Police officers charged with maintaining order. The other three corners were mobbed by counter protesters.

Amazing the ruckus a few people can cause with some well thought out provocation.

back to the KJV only crowd...... My great Aunt Mary was a KJVer. I grew up with this. I mostly slipped through the cracks, however, I still hold on to the fact that Jesus only spoke in red letters.

Which edition of the KJV, though? Many of the spellings have been modernized since the 1611 Authorized Version.

I still hold on to the fact that Jesus only spoke in red letters.

Yes. Red letters in the English language.

I bet if I planned a KJV bible burning I would become a national celebrity.

Well, at least now we know what kind of burning you should plan if you want to become a national celebrity.

The Bible-burning story died pretty quickly, but the Koran-burning story attracts comments from the Pope, the President, and the Palin. Hm.

If Terry Moore wants to pick a fight with Muslims, we should put a uniform on him and send him where the fight is...