Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Disenchanted (aka Enchanted 2)

Link to the thread on the original Enchanted (2007), which was touted at the time as a foot in the door, of sorts, opening the way for Disney to return to hand-drawn animation -- a process that finally culminated in The Princess and the Frog (2009).

- - -

'Enchanted' to see second chapter
Disney is hoping to charm audiences again with a sequel to "Enchanted," hiring Jessie Nelson to pen a script for the live action fairy tale that "The Proposal"-helmer Anne Fletcher is attached to direct. . . .
The Mouse House is keen on getting another installment of "Enchanted" on the big screen -- perhaps even as early as next year -- after the 2007 pic, that starred Amy Adams, James Marsden, Patrick Dempsey and Susan Sarandon, earned more than $340 million worldwide. It earned $123 million domestically and helped break out Amy Adams. Bill Kelly ("Blast from the Past") penned the original. . . .
Fletcher is a choreographer-turned-director who has had a string of hits with "Step Up," "27 Dresses" and the romantic comedy "The Proposal," the latter of which earned $315 million worldwide for Disney last summer.
"Enchanted 2" fits perfectly with the studio's plans to make more movies that define the Disney brand. Project is Disney's riff on its classic fairy tale features, revolving around Giselle, a princess who is banished from her animated world by an evil queen and thrown onto the live action streets of Manhattan to fend for herself. . . .
Variety, February 3

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Ugh. I'm certain I will have to take my daughter to this. Or maybe not. She'll be eight by then. That might be too old. Do eight year-olds like this?

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Ah, well... here's the news we were all hoping to hear today:

Seven years after their live-action Disney princess adventure Enchanted scored Golden Globe and Oscar nods and a $340M worldwide box office, the Mouse House is moving again on a sequel. Shrek 2 and Smurfs writers J. David Stem and David N. Weiss have been hired to write Enchanted 2, marking the scripting duo’s latest live-action family outing after penning Are We There Yet? and Daddy Day Camp for Sony.

Edited by Overstreet

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Disney's 'Enchanted' Sequel Enlists 'Hairspray' Director Adam Shankman (Exclusive)
Sources say Disenchanted is set 10 years after the first movie, with Giselle finding herself questioning her happily ever after, and accidentally triggering events that make everyone's lives turn upside down in both the real world and in the animated kingdom of Andalasia.
The Hollywood Reporter, October 6