Sign in to follow this  
Josh Hurst

Anais Mitchell - Hadestown

Tyler   

I was a little confused when I saw that the responder(s) in "How We Build The Wall" was Cerberus, since it sounds like several voices are there. And then I remembered Cerberus has 3 heads, so it makes sense he can be a chorus all by himself.

I just discovered this album and I'm astonished. For me to get this and Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" in the same week is almost an overload. I've been just rotating back and forth between the two in a sort of musical fog of bliss.

All of you who recognized the greatness of this album on first listen are better than me, but it finally clicked yesterday, while listening during the drive home rather than in the background at work, as I focused on other things (WHY do I think that's ever a fair way to engage a piece of music?). My head was spinning, trying to figure out what the songs were about. No jacket with the library CD, so I was doing my best to keep up. Like Andy said, it's theatrical, reminded me of Passing Strange, which I love, but much more musically ambitious.

Edited by Christian

I threw this on the other day while I was writing with a couple of friends. We all quietly worked while it began. By the end, both of them were asking me questions, enthusiastic. I think Mitchell just won two more sales. I love it when that happens. STILL my favorite record of 2010.