Peter T Chattaway

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

I was hoping for The Riddler myself ( or EGGHEAD!) so I'm a bit disappointed by Bane and Selina Kyle but I have faith Nolan will be able to do a great job finishing up his Batman trilogy.

I was hoping for The Riddler myself ( or EGGHEAD!) so I'm a bit disappointed by Bane and Selina Kyle but I have faith Nolan will be able to do a great job finishing up his Batman trilogy.

Well, given that Nolan is still casting another female lead (Marion Cotillard has been in talks), many are suggesting that THE DARK KNIGHT will also likely feature Talia al Ghul. Who knows, though?

Well, given that Nolan is still casting another female lead (Marion Cotillard has been in talks), many are suggesting that THE DARK KNIGHT will also likely feature Talia al Ghul. Who knows, though?

Back before it was announced that Selina Kyle would be in the movie, I was really excited about the full-circle possibilities of having Talia al Ghul in the picture; now, though, it just makes the movie sound more crowded and raises the specter of Spider Man 3 (several potentially-strong antagonists wasted because they're all bumping into each other). Nolan's movies are lightyears beyond the Spider Man flicks, of course, but still.

OTOH, having Marion Cotillard in the role would go a long way toward alleviating that disappointment. :)

To be quite honest, I'm actually pretty worried that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES will have way too much going on.

Nolan should take this to the extreme lengths of Carlos. I would do it, and everyone on this board would, too.

Don't have the link handy right now, but apparently Anne Hathaway confirmed in an interview recently that she WILL be playing Catwoman -- and not just Selina Kyle -- in this movie.

Meanwhile, Devin Faraci @ Badass Digest has what he claims are some spoilerific plot details.

To be quite honest, I'm actually pretty worried that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES will have way too much going on.

Agreed. I had the same fear going into Spiderman 3. Hmmm.

Dark Knight Rises Star Talks Batman's Villain

While the details of who will play Christian Bale's Batman nemesis in the highly anticipated movie remain under wraps, Gary Oldman is dropping hints about the character's identity.

"I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics," Oldman told us at Monday's Red Riding Hood premiere in Hollywood. "It is a Batman villian... It's not going to be the Joker." . . .

E! Online, March 9

Two-Face returning in "The Dark Knight Rises?" (video)

During a recent interview for his new sci-fi action film, "Battle: Los Angeles," Aaron Eckhart hinted at a surprise-return to his character, Harvey Dent, aka Two-Face in Christopher Nolan's upcoming sequel, "The Dark Knight Rises."

This would be a shock to must fans who by now are well aware of Harvey Dent's outcome in 2008's "The Dark Knight." . . .

CBS News, March 10

Oldman seems genuinely convinced when he says that Nolan has "outdone himself."

I remember when Pierce Brosnan said as much about the production of Die Another Day. "Outdone" in what manner and in what direction?

So ... how many other actors have played the young Liam Neeson before?

I really, really hope Ra's al Ghul is still dead, though. There was almost nothing in the original film that would have allowed for his survival -- and frankly, if Bruce Wayne didn't check the wreckage of that train to make sure that Ra's al Ghul's body was in there, I will be very, very disappointed. (I had a similar objection to Alien3 and its insinuation that the Ripley of Aliens would somehow NOT have made absolutely sure that there were no remnants of the Alien Queen's stowing away on her spaceship before she went into hypersleep.)

Let's just say that if Ra's al Ghul turns out to be alive in The Dark Knight Rises, it will bring back very bad memories of how Spider-Man 3 re-wrote the death of Uncle Ben in the original Spider-Man.

- - -

'Social Network' Actor Lands Role in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Josh Pence, who played opposite Armie Hammer as Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network (where Hammer's face was superimposed on his), has been cast as a young Ra's Al Ghul in Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan's new Batman movie. . . .

Sources say Pence will appear in scenes that take place 30 years prior to the present story. . . .

Hollywood Reporter, April 8

Ah, but what if Nolan went for a full-blown, Lazarus Pit return? That would really turn this series on its ear. But that's exceedingly unlikely. After BEGINS, Nolan said his intent was to leave things open to the Lazarus Pit side of things, but never wanted to go there himself. And I'm guessing Ra's isn't returning in full form in this flick; this flashback is likely there to provide context/background for Talia.

Oh, and re: Batman checking for Ra's body, would he even have been able to, given that huge explosion that accompanies the destruction of the microwave emitter?

Edited by Ryan H.

Oh, ha! the irony hit just me! This actor shared the part of the Winklevoss twins in The Social Network with Armie Hammer... the latter of whom, at one point, was cast as Batman in the Justice League movie that George Miller almost directed.

Ryan H. wrote:

: Ah, but what if Nolan went for a full-blown, Lazarus Pit return? That would really turn this series on its ear.

'Twould, yeah. And I think it's unlikely for the reasons you cite. But, hey, as long as Nolan isn't saying that Neeson didn't actually die at the end of the first film, it's all good.

: Oh, and re: Batman checking for Ra's body, would he even have been able to, given that huge explosion that accompanies the destruction of the microwave emitter?

Well, perhaps not. But that explosion itself would kind of mitigate against Ra's al Ghul surviving, no?

The latest:

As widely rumored, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard will join the cast of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises," Warner Bros. announced Tuesday.

But their parts are a surprise:

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City cop. Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member who wants to help a still-

grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors.

Batman will soon be out on Jodhpur streets, stalking the nights

Jodhpur: Vroom vroom.....and even before you realise Batmobile may have blazed past you at a thunderous speed, right here in Jodhpur. Wondering what we're talking about? Get set to welcome DC Comics superhero Batman as he arrives in the Blue City.

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has given the nod to US-based Cape Road Productions to shoot the next Batman flick, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in Jodhpur. . . .

Bhaskar News, April 27

I don't read the comics, but is there some sort of precedent for setting a Batman story in an Indian city? Unless Jodhpur is doubling for some other location, of course. Maybe it will feature in a "brief detour" like Hong Kong did in the last one.