Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wolfe

Top 100 Blurbs -- WE'RE NEARLY THERE!

Son of Man should be available in the US on Netflix any day (It's already available for online viewing but my internet connection is too slow to take advantage of that). If it comes out in the next two weeks, I would like to take a stab at it. I've been waiting to see this movie for almost 4 years!

And this month has been crazy for me, but things should chill out a bit after this next week. Then I'll get around to my Heartbeat Detector obligations.

Scott -- 2nd Story -- Twitter

Only 17 left now.

Must. Press. On. People.

Can I put you down for Son of Man, then, Cunningham? I think you should take it while it's going.

I can wait a bit for the final result.

Let me know.

Son of Man should be available in the US on Netflix any day (It's already available for online viewing but my internet connection is too slow to take advantage of that). If it comes out in the next two weeks, I would like to take a stab at it. I've been waiting to see this movie for almost 4 years!

And this month has been crazy for me, but things should chill out a bit after this next week. Then I'll get around to my Heartbeat Detector obligations.

Only 17 left now.

Must. Press. On. People.

Can I put you down for Son of Man, then, Cunningham? I think you should take it while it's going.

I can wait a bit for the final result.

Let me know.

Yeah, that sounds fine.

Scott -- 2nd Story -- Twitter

Greg Wolfe wrote:

: 16 films left to blurb.

: Just 8 plus 8. Or 4 times 4.

Or 2 to the power of 4. Or 4 to the power of 2. (I've always liked that symmetry.)

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

I wrote one for The Bicycle Thief, but who knows whether it is acceptable.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I'll take Pickpocket. I'm planning on watching The Mirror after church tomorrow, so I'll get that one written soon, too.

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

Maybe we should make it, make a blurb, next year's vote gets weighted heavier. The more blurbs, the heavier you get. And you can do this year after year and get heavier and heavier, until you actually consume the entire Top 100 and the all the films on the list are only the middle portion of Wall-E.

Persona/Stef, take Faust already for crying out loud.

EDIT: two days later and I just realized this is a reference to my avatar. (Duh!)

I don't see my avatar as anything other than me anymore. I am Persona. Long live Persona.

PS That Ponette director's new film is playing on Weds the 24th at 7:45pm, I think you should 1.) Go with for that one, and 2.) Blurb Ponette, or is it already taken.

Sorry I missed you on the 24th!!

Now, quit squawking and write a blurb on Faust!

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

Good luck blurbing The Mirror. Man, that's an enigma wrapped in a mystery. And I do love it so.

FWIW, I blurbed Killer of Sheep and Silent Light today, and I can almost guarantee that my plate is as full as anybody's here right now. But I want to see this finished. So come on, folks. Carve out fifteen minutes to write a blurb. Let's get this thing done. (I'm finishing off Playtime and Tokyo Story on Monday.)

Edited by Overstreet

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

14 to go.

Good luck blurbing The Mirror. Man, that's an enigma wrapped in a mystery. And I do love it so.

FWIW, I blurbed Killer of Sheep and Silent Light today, and I can almost guarantee that my plate is as full as anybody's here right now. But I want to see this finished. So come on, folks. Carve out fifteen minutes to write a blurb. Let's get this thing done. (I'm finishing off Playtime and Tokyo Story on Monday.)

FWIW, Becket, Rome Open City, and Tender Mercies are all on Watch Instantly at Netflix.

I also see Stef still hasn't written his Faust blurb. Didn't we make a rule that you have to write the blurb if the movie is your avatar? I would've done one for There Will Be Blood if it had made the list.

Twitter Blog

FWIW, Becket, Rome Open City, and Tender Mercies are all on Watch Instantly at Netflix.

I also see Stef still hasn't written his Faust blurb. Didn't we make a rule that you have to write the blurb if the movie is your avatar? I would've done one for There Will Be Blood if it had made the list.

Yeah, Stef write up Faust! And then go watch Tender Mercies because you know you want to AND then do a blurb on that.

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

I've got Rome, Open City.

I might not have watched Rome, Open City if I hadn't volunteered for it tonight, and watching it was one of the most powerful film experiences I've had recently.

Edited by tyler1984

Twitter Blog

I never volunteered for Faust, only three others, two of which Greg is losing faith in me for.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

I claim "Tender Mercies".

That's just how eye roll.

I am going to release Winter Light and Day of Wrath to the forum. Somebody help me please. I just can't write about these having not recently seen them.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.