Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wolfe

Top 100 Blurbs -- WE'RE NEARLY THERE!

I never volunteered for Faust, only three others, two of which Greg is losing faith in me for.

This isn't a matter of volunteering - it is a given - now write it! Seriously though, your writing is worth the read so I look forward to whichever ones you are doing.

Andrew -- it's yours!

Greg:

If no one else has claimed it, and you don't mind waiting about two weeks, please put me down for 'An Autumn Afternoon.'

Again, please give us a bit of time, but my wife would like to write the 'Winter Light' blurb.

Andrew, have I told you lately that your wife rocks? :)

I will keep Day of Wrath. I promise, Greggy-boy. I would never fail you. (much) :)

You're making me dizzy, Stef.

But, OK. Day of Wrath back to you.

Thx,

G

Andrew, have I told you lately that your wife rocks? :)

I will keep Day of Wrath. I promise, Greggy-boy. I would never fail you. (much) :)

You got it.

Thx.

Again, please give us a bit of time, but my wife would like to write the 'Winter Light' blurb.

SIX.

Oh, wait... I don't want it... Jokin'! :)

Awww, thanks Stef! I agree, she is DA BOMB! :)

(We're gearing up to watch 'Winter Light' tonight, having placed all sharp objects well out of reach.)

Edited by Andrew

stef, you are the first person I've ever known to call the publisher of Image "Greggy-boy."

I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or slap you around.

I had an old girlfriend whose great-aunt insisted on calling me "Maynard," so "Greggy-boy" ain't so bad.

AHEM, we still have SIX FILMS TO BLURB.

stef, you are the first person I've ever known to call the publisher of Image "Greggy-boy."

It's the connective power of the internet. And the IMAGE/A&F merger. It's like film: it brings the intellects and street smarts together as one. Were we to ever meet in person I would surely kowtow. (That's like, bow, in Dutch or something.)

Speaking of merger, don't we have a one year anniversary coming up? What's the official date on that? We should throw a party. Or has IMAGE's image taken too much of a beating... :)

Speaking of merger, don't we have a one year anniversary coming up? What's the official date on that? We should throw a party. Or has IMAGE's image taken too much of a beating... :)

June 1 is probably the closest to the one-year anniversary.

What should we do to celebrate? An online chat? About as close to a virtual party as I can think of!

AND WE STILL HAVE SIX FILM BLURBS TO GO!!!!

FWIW, the thread announcing Image's acquisition of A&F (for lack of a better term) began on May 7 2009, and we have at least two separate threads discussing the new DESIGN of the board, both of which began on May 18 2009.

The announcement thread might have been looking forward, to a point when the deal would be fully done (which is to say, the thread might have begun when the deal wasn't fully done yet), but I'd say the deal was probably settled by the time the site design began to change. So, somewhere in mid-May, I'd say.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

Peter is quite right -- I was being a little loose suggesting a June 1 anniversary.

We certainly took over in May....

OH, AND WE STILL NEED SIX MORE BLURBS, PLEASE!!!!

FWIW, the thread announcing Image's acquisition of A&F (for lack of a better term) began on May 7 2009, and we have at least two separate threads discussing the new DESIGN of the board, both of which began on May 18 2009.

The announcement thread might have been looking forward, to a point when the deal would be fully done (which is to say, the thread might have begun when the deal wasn't fully done yet), but I'd say the deal was probably settled by the time the site design began to change. So, somewhere in mid-May, I'd say.

Just a quick note:

The last sentence of the header on the Topp 100 page should probably be removed or changed. Currently it reads, "Click on the titles to see more information, including links, video clips, and reviews written by the Arts & Faith community. Only the top ten films are currently available; check back soon as more will be added in the next few weeks."

Also, I have really enjoyed ready the "blurbs" about the films on the list - Great job!!

Edited by Thom

Thanks again, Tyler.

FOUR (4) wonderful films remain.

We are so close I can taste it.

I'll take In Praise of Love. I have it coming from Netflix next week.

Fine. You've pestered me long enough. ;)

I'll do:

Vivre sa vie

Apu

Faust

It's been years since I've seen any of them, but it'd be hard to come up with a list of five films that'll be more fun to revisit. Plus, this gives me the excuse I was looking for to buy the new Criterion Vivre sa vie.

Edited by Darren H

Oh well, first blurb I wrote went pretty smooth -- I'll volunteer to take Becket. cool.gif

Oh. My. Goodness.

All the films have been taken!

Good job, A&Fers!!!

Now you just have to finish the blurbs and turn them in!!!

Actually, many have been streaming in.

I will let you all know the day that the site is complete.

Hey, everyone.

Believe it or not, the Top 100 Films website is NEARLY DONE. I mean, we have nearly all 100 blurbs complete!

As it's turned out, just a few people were not able to write blurbs they'd hoped to write, so I am now asking for help in getting THE LAST SIX written.

Can you help? Take a look at any of the 80+ blurbs already up to see what we're looking for (around 3-4 paragraphs touching on plot, cinematography, and, well, the meaning of the film).

Here are the FINAL SIX:

Breaking the Waves

By Brakhage

Cries and Whispers

The Cyclist (Bicycleran)

Jesus of Montreal

Summer/The Green Ray

Please volunteer to write on one or more of these films only if you can do so within the next 10 days. We must wrap up by June 21.

THANKS!!!!

Now we're down to the FINAL FIVE (shades of Batrtlestar Galactica):

Breaking the Waves

By Brakhage

Cries and Whispers

The Cyclist (Bicycleran)

Summer/The Green Ray

PLEASE HELP.

Hey, everyone.

Believe it or not, the Top 100 Films website is NEARLY DONE. I mean, we have nearly all 100 blurbs complete!

As it's turned out, just a few people were not able to write blurbs they'd hoped to write, so I am now asking for help in getting THE LAST SIX written.

Can you help? Take a look at any of the 80+ blurbs already up to see what we're looking for (around 3-4 paragraphs touching on plot, cinematography, and, well, the meaning of the film).

Here are the FINAL SIX:

Breaking the Waves

By Brakhage

Cries and Whispers

The Cyclist (Bicycleran)

Jesus of Montreal

Summer/The Green Ray

Please volunteer to write on one or more of these films only if you can do so within the next 10 days. We must wrap up by June 21.

THANKS!!!!