Sign in to follow this  
opus

Star Wars: Uncut

opus   

I did a search and saw that Star Wars: Uncut was briefly mentioned before here. But, the film is nearing completion and will be shown for the first time later this month at the Copenhagen CPH PIX festival. The first teaser/trailer can be seen here (apparently, you can't embed Vimeo clips in the forum).

There are several brilliant parts, but I think my favorite is the cougar's roar used for Chewbacca's voice.

More info here and here.

Edited by opus

Links to the threads on Episode I, Episode II, Episode III, Episode IV, Episode V and the 2004 and 2006 editions of Episodes IV, V and VI on DVD, as well as The Clone Wars and the various rumoured TV series (plus one quasi-duplicate thread on the comedy series).

See also the threads on 'Star Wars Debate Redux' (which began as a place to bash Episode II; Jul 8 - Nov 11, 2003), 'Sci fi = spiritual? Star Wars, X2, etc.' (Apr 12-14, 2004), 'Best Star Wars Movie? (with poll; Apr 18-20, 2004), Top 100 Discussion: The Star Wars original trilogy?' (May 6-7, 2004), 'Is Star Wars Blasphemous?' (Jun 15 - Jul 25, 2005) and 'Star Wars in 20 minutes' (Aug 8-9, 2006).

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

opus   

OK, here's the embedded trailer. (Thanks, Anna!)

Persona   

What is this? I totally don't get it. It looks like South Park meets a video game meets Tron meets The Science of Sleep meets "Mystery Science Theater 3000" meets "The Gong Show" meets Youtube clips of Michael having a fun day at "The Office."

I'm not tracking here.

Tyler   

What is this? I totally don't get it. It looks like South Park meets a video game meets Tron meets The Science of Sleep meets "Mystery Science Theater 3000" meets "The Gong Show" meets Youtube clips of Michael having a fun day at "The Office."

I'm not tracking here.

I was thinking "Robot Chicken."

Persona   

meets that too, I guess.

opus   

Basically, it's a project where contributors all over the world are given 15 second segments of Star Wars to remake any way they want. The segments are then pieced together to rebuild the entire film.

Andrew   

During a couple of viewings of the trailer, my family and I were laughing ourselves silly. We're all eager to see the finished product.