Sign in to follow this  
Persona

Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself

While trying to look up release dates for Dogville i also ran across this, from the director of Italian For Beginners, opening October 17 in LA/NY.

From Yahoo: 

Premise: This is the story of two brothers in Glasgow, Harbour (Rawlins) and Wilbur (Sives) (who struggles with suicidal tendencies as the title suggests), who inherit a used bookstore. The brothers discover that a chance encounter with a cleaning lady at the local hospital, Alice (Henderson), who's the single mother of a little girl, Mary (McKinlay), prompts them to reconsider the choices they've made in life, which might change all four of their lives.

Filed under British comedy/romance.

-s.

Edited by stef

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Heads up, Vancouverites -- this film is coming to the Ridge for a full week starting June 11. Link to my film-fest blurb on it from September 2003. Link to (M)Leary's reply.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

You didn't miss much. I will be curious to see what others have to say here though.

I really wish I had caught Zatoichi when I was recently in the UK, I am looking forward to seeing it when it comes out someday over here. It really is strange what you guys catch first and what you don't get for a while. I have been trying to find some rhyme or reason to it, and have found little other than that it seems you get UK directors and producers first, and you get a random selection of European festival hits first.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Yeah its strange,

We don't even get all UK stuff first, e.g. Love Actually was released in the States first, but if there's any pattern (its certainly not a rule) we tend to get European & UK stuff first, but certainly not always.

Glad to hear that I didn't miss much after all though.

Matt