News Headlines that should inspire Films or Novels

Here's one that I keep around in case I decide to do a lot of perspiring for the bit of inspiration it gave me:

Nauru loses contact with the world

I never found any follow-up story, but this by itself could be a great device for a number of different genres.

This headline (it's true) is posted on the CNN news page as I write this:'

Playboy seeks Home Depot women

In this week of beheadings and major news, at last... a REAL news story.

And yes, I think it deserves a movie.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

This headline (it's true) is posted on the CNN news page as I write this:'

Playboy seeks Home Depot women

In this week of beheadings and major news, at last... a REAL news story.

This even made my local news last night. blink.gif Guess they wanted to make sure all the Bible belters were in the know.

Hmmm, Playboy regular Pamela Anderson used to be the tool girl on Home Improvement, no?

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

The Middle of Nowhere

12/5/03

Episode 253

Act One. No Island Is An Island. Nauru is a tiny island, population 12,000, a third of the size of Manhattan, far from anywhere, yet at the center of several of the decade's biggest global events. Jack Hitt tells the untold story of this dot in the middle of the Pacific and its involvement in the bankrupting of the Russian economy, global terrorism, North Korean defectors, the end of the world, and the late 80's theatrical flop of a London musical based on the life of Leonardo da Vinci, called Leonardo, A Portrait of Love.

RealAudio link

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

This probably shouldn't inspire a film, but this headline/photo combination at the IMDB news page today just really... uh... BUSTED ME UP.

SAG President Asks Membership for Strong War Chest

user posted image

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.