Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wolfe

The A&F Top 100 Website is DONE!

Dear A&Fers:

It is with great pleasure and pride that I announce the completion of the A&F Top 100 Films website.

http://artsandfaith.com/t100/

All 100 films have thoughtful, insightful commentaries along with a host of helpful features.

I am most grateful to all who have contributed to this project, from those who nominated and voted to those who wrote blurbs for the films.

In particular I'd like to single out our student intern, Nate Rogers, for his heroic labors on this project, and to Christy Edwall, another volunteer, for helping to get this off the ground.

Anna Johnson of the IMAGE staff has been indispensable to the success of this project.

Alan Thomas was the driving force behind this list for many years and deserves our profound gratitude.

Cue the writing credits:

John Adair

Edward Allie

Darryl A. Armstrong

Peter T. Chattaway

Scott Cunningham

N.W. Douglas

Fran F.

T. Fredericks

Steven D. Greydanus

Ryan Holt

Darren Hughes

Joseph J.P. Johnson

Michelle R. King

Michael Leary

Jeffrey Overstreet

Tyler Perry

Persona

Nate Rogers

Jim Sanders

David Smedberg

Andrew Spitznas

Michael Todd

If I have left anyone out, please let me know right away.

We've done something pretty wonderful. I hope you are all beaming.

Yes, thanks Greg!

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

This is the first time in the history of A&F that all 100 films have blurbs.

Thanks for being patient with us and all your encouragement in the process, Greg. And thanks to you and the whole crew for your hard work! You RULE!

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Man, everything has been said but her I go anyway...

Thanks Greg for the gentle kicks to get the blurbs done and thank you to all the staff who managed the project and made sure it was up for all to see, read, and interact with.

It is a good thing! A beautiful work!

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

Greg Wolfe wrote:

: You are all most kind.

Heh. I had to read that twice before I realized you didn't say "You are almost kind." :)

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Greg Wolfe wrote:

: You are all most kind.

Heh. I had to read that twice before I realized you didn't say "You are almost kind." :)

...and yet not too far off, right? ;)

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]