Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Terminator 3000

Links to our threads on The Terminator (1984), Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), Terminator Salvation (2009) and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009). We don't seem to have a thread for Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).

- - -

Hannover and Red Bear Planning Animated Terminator 3000

Hannover House, the entertainment distribution division of Target Development Group, Inc., has entered into a feature film development venture with Vancouver-based Red Bear Entertainment, for Terminator 3000, envisioned as a $70-million dollar budgeted, 3D animated feature film based on the characters and situations introduced in the original Terminator feature. Hannover House C.E.O. Eric Parkinson previously served as C.E.O. of Hemdale Home Video, Inc. and Hemdale Communications, Inc., and handled the distribution of the original Terminator feature.

Story details for Terminator 3000 are being kept under close wraps, but the writers and production team have a stated goal of minimizing violence in order to obtain a PG-13 level of material. . . .

ComingSoon.net, August 13

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

'Terminator' Rights Holder Sends Cease And Desist Letter To Kill Proposed 3D Animated Feature

EXCLUSIVE: A battle is brewing over Terminator 3000, a proposed 3D animated feature film that was announced by Hannover House, a division of Target Development Group that distributes specialty films and DVDs. Pacificor, the company that owns the rights to the Terminator franchise, has sent a cease and desist letter in response to a press release issued by Hannover House detailing plans to develop Terminator 3000, a $70 million animated film in conjunction with Vancouver-based Red Bear Entertainment. Hannover House CEO Eric Parkinson told me earlier today that he issued the announcement only because one of the potential production partners spoke publicly about it. He said he was awaiting reply from WME, the agency repping the Terminator film rights.

Parkinson, who once headed the home video division of Hemdale (maker of the original Terminator) said he has certain proprietary rights allowing him to make the film. "The animation rights were excluded when Hemdale sold Terminator to Carolco and when I left Hemdale, part of my settlement was that I got those rights," Hannover told me. "However, the way the rest of the contractual rights are written, it would be dangerous for us to do this without Pacificor's approval. They have certain intellectual rights. The best way to put it is, they can't make an animated film without me, and we might not be able to make it without them. We are in discussions with WME, and hope we can deal with this expeditiously." . . .

Mike Fleming, Deadline.com, August 13