Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Book Discussion: Hipster Christianity

On the recommendation of those in the Hipster Christianity thread, I'm creating a dedicated topic for discussing the book itself. The other thread remains for discussion that branches off from the book into related topics. This distinction can be fuzzy, so if you're posting here, please pause to consider whether your thoughts belong here or in the other thread. Thanks.

Wow. I was kinda kidding with that suggestion... just because I suspect that Brett would read this thread and think "Why don't you all stop talking about the book and read it?" Oh well... here we go!

And already this thread includes posts by people who have NOT read the book. Sigh.

(I'm referring to posts that have been carried over from the original thread, not to any of the new posts here.)

Wow. I was kinda kidding with that suggestion... just because I suspect that Brett would read this thread and think "Why don't you all stop talking about the book and read it?" Oh well... here we go!

And already this thread includes posts by people who have NOT read the book. Sigh.

(I'm referring to posts that have been carried over from the original thread, not to any of the new posts here.)

Bear with me, guys. I had no idea Jeffrey was "kinda kidding" when he recommended a separate discussion. I'm on vacation and actually had some time to work through the earlier thread, but it created a huge mess. I think I'll try to undo it, but now I'll pause because I know that after I've made the attempt, there will be at least one post here telling me why THAT wasn't the best course of action to take... ;)

I think I've returned the earlier discussion to its pre-split state. Sorry for the confusion. Discussion can branch off here among those who have read the book.

There were a couple of recommendations in the old thread against launching a new thread, and one person who supported it now says he wasn't all that serious. So ... we can kill this dedicated thread if it's superfluous. However, I only just realized in working through the earlier thread that it's in the "Faith Matters" section. I think it might be nice to have something here in the "Literature & Creative Writing" forum that deals with the book, although not at the price of confusion/duplication of discussion, etc.

Plus, I'm curious as to just who HAS read the book, than merely read about it. :)

Edited by Christian