Sign in to follow this  
Josh Hurst

Conan

Link to the thread on Conan's short-lived stint with NBC's The Tonight Show.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Typing in conaw.com automatically redirects you to the Team Coco homepage.

Edited by Tyler

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

Lots of things are happening!

First... Team Coco announced that full episodes of the show will be available online. I get, like, three channels on my TV, and TBS isn't one of them, so I'm pretty excited to know that I'll actually be able to see this thing.

Second... Conan made a cameo on Lopez Tonight!

And third... well, I just think this is funny.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

That's awesome.

And, by sheer coincidence, I happened to watch an episode of the original Fat Albert earlier today for the first time in decades. Wild.

Now I just have to hope that TBS, unlike some of its counterparts, lets its episodes play outside the U.S.

Alan Sepinwall asks: "Is it possible to be on Team Coco without being particularly excited about Coco's new show?"

Conan's comic sensibility has always been the greatest strength of his shows, and I'd like to think that he'll be able to spend more time on pure comedy on TBS - that he can accept that in the era of "The Daily Show," "The Colbert Report," Adult Swim and even Jimmy Fallon (who's done a great job at incorporating his guests into comedy bits), the world doesn't need another show that follows the "monologue, desk segment, taped bit, interview, interview, band" rhythms.

But I also don't know how much freedom he'll have - TBS has a lot of money and pride riding on this arrangement, and may not want something too unconventional - nor how much he actually wants to reinvent this particular wheel.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

I've looked for this a couple of times... What channel is it again? I think I must not have it.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.