• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Last week's episode wasn't just a bottle episode, it was essentially a table read.

It's also the best thing the show has done in years.

And it had one of the best (and longest) callbacks I can remember.

2a22056169b5b3a10a073ffc5e491853.jpg

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

• 1 month later...

I thought "App Development and Condiments" was a solid middling episode for Community. Interesting scenario that worked half of the time, but fell short from what it could have been. It wasn't focused enough and bounced around the various escalations too quickly (Day One, Day Three, Day Eight, etc). 

One interesting thing that a friend pointed out to me is how dependent Community is becoming on the dystopian/post-apocalyptic setting. Already this season there was this episode, and the Lava-floor episode, virtually all of the paintball episodes, the blanket/pillow fort one, the Halloween zombies one, Chang's takeover of the school could count too. I can't remember if there are any more, but it's interesting how many of their episodes have that theme.

"What's prayer? It's shooting shafts in the dark." -- Frederick Buechner, Godric

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...