Sign in to follow this  
Russ

Instant library-- just add 13K

Some of the reviews are particularly funny. Some of those Penguin editions are quite well done, for what it's worth — I'm particularly fond of Robin Buss's translation of The Count of Monte Cristo.

Ali and I separately acquired 20-30 Penguin classics during our undergrad years, and I can distinctly remember being geeked out, as we neared our wedding date, at the thought of one-fleshing...

(wait for it)

...our library! All those black-spined paperbacks, arranged according to their two different sizes and their red, orange, yellow, green and purple top-stripes, all mixed together on our now-joint bookshelves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got about 35% of that on my Kindle for free.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

That would be excellent. As an English scholar, I too have a good number of Penguin Classics kicking around.

I remember a few years ago though, I always wanted this.

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Reviews and essays at Three Brothers Film.