Sign in to follow this  
Anna J

Top 100 & Top 25 Horror: Standardization and Corrections

Looks like we've got a 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days film clip up on the 2001: A Space Odyssey write-up.

I think they must be working on this because it was also on Dogville.

Ok, for titles we are going to make these changes:

Listed by original foreign title only:

Ordet

Au Hasard Balthazar

Ikiru

La Promesse

Listed with both titles, English first:

The Flowers of St. Francis / Francesco, Guillare de Dio

Into Great Silence / Die Grosse Stille

The Child / L'Enfant

Bicycle Thieves / Ladri di biciclette

My Life to Live / Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux

Thanks for pointing out the 2001 problem. We were working from the 4 Months template and that one got left behind!

If you notice that any of the bottom left sidebar links are wrong, please let me know about that too.

Looks like we've got a 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days film clip up on the 2001: A Space Odyssey write-up.

I think they must be working on this because it was also on Dogville.

Yeah, it looks like the 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days write-up is on the Dogville link also. But apparently they're still fixing things today before the press release tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing out the 2001 problem. We were working from the 4 Months template and that one got left behind!

If you notice that any of the bottom left sidebar links are wrong, please let me know about that too.

Thanks Anna. Appreciate all your work. As Persona pointed out, the Dogville link has the same problem with the addition to missing it's own write-up also.

Anna, Markus, Nicole & Greg--the list looks great--so exciting.

Quick notes for your awareness: The Ikiru and Munyurangabo links lead to error pages, and the #91 Dogville link leads to another film.

Thanks. We'll fix this.

The Ran page has an amazon link to the 4 months dvd.

And Night of the Hunter has Magnolia's dvd link.

The Ran page has an amazon link to the 4 months dvd.

And Night of the Hunter has Magnolia's dvd link.

Thanks! Yeah, the DVD links need some help.

The picture for #4 NOSFERATU is of the Klaus Kinski/Herzog film, not the Dreyer.

Ok, I fixed the Nosferatu icon, the "Top 20" title, the Jekyll year, and made the Top 25 the first link on the left sidebar of the Top100 main page.

Dogville, 2001, Ikiru, Munyurangabo should be fixed now.

The clips on Ran and Night of the Hunter are next on the list. If you see any other clips or amazon links or A&F/Netflix links that are wrong, let me know.

**ALSO: The new link for the main page is http://artsandfaith.com/t100/ (easier to get to)

In the future we will upload the current list into that root /t100/ folder, and move the older lists into year-specific folders within it. Like http://artsandfaith.com/t100/2010.

Maybe this has been covered... The tab at the top of (all of?) the pages says 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days. I am assuming this will be fixed over time. I imagine it is pretty far down the things to fix at this point.

Thanks, Stef. I'm working on those right now. You mean the page title, which shows at the very top of the browser, right?

I'm not out to slight SDG or anything, but why is his name below mine on my blurb for Iron Giant?

::blushing:: So sorry! I will fix this.

I'm not out to slight SDG or anything, but why is his name below mine on my blurb for Iron Giant?

His noble defense of the film earned him immediate credit on anything published that celebrates it.

Edited by Overstreet

I just noticed that the info on 'Ran' seems melded with '4 Months...,' including the film clip. For 'Ran,' the language is Japanese, release date is 1985, and run (ran?) time is 162 min.

Thanks!

I just noticed that the info on 'Ran' seems melded with '4 Months...,' including the film clip. For 'Ran,' the language is Japanese, release date is 1985, and run (ran?) time is 162 min.

Thanks!

Ha! Thanks.

::blushing:: So sorry! I will fix this.

Hmm, I can't find it. Where?

It looks to me like every title where both English and original foreign title are listed, the English title comes first and foreign title in parens -- except one: Le Fils (The Son).

Really? Is this one title so consistently called Le Fils to warrant this isolated departure from the pattern?

For The Rules of the Game, the French title La Règle du jeu isn't listed on the main page, though it does appear on the page for that film).

Capitalization for French titles on the main page is inconsistent: English title case for Le Journal D'un Cure De Campagne, but sentence case for pretty much everything else (L'heure d'été, Trois couleurs, Ma nuit chez Maud, etc.).

As I mentioned, the usual rule for French seems to be to capitalize the first noun along with any preceding articles or adjectives and then sentence case everything else:

La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc

Le Fils

Au Hasard Balthazar

Trois Couleurs

Le Journal d'un cure de campagne

Jesus de Montreal

L'Heure d'été

Ma Nuit chez Maud

Un condamne a mort s'est eschappe ou Le vent soufflé ou il veut (I think)

Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux

Die Grosse Stille s/b Die grosse Stille.

Edited by SDG