Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Neverland a.k.a. Peter Pan Begins

Links to our film-related threads on Peter Pan (2003), Finding Neverland (2004), Neverland (2011), Tink (in development), Pan (in development) and Peter and the Starcatchers (in development).

Link to our book-related thread on Peter Pan in Scarlet (2006).

- - -

'Peter Pan Begins' Pitch Takes Flight With Channing Tatum Attached (Exclusive)

"Shattered Glass" screenwriter Billy Ray and "Alice in Wonderland" producer Joe Roth are also part of the package.

Hollywood Reporter, March 1

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

The Hollywood Reporter adds the detail that the pitch for this origin story "envisioned Pan and Captain Hook as brothers."

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Guest Pax

I would *much* rather a film be made of the excellent children's book Peter Pan in Scarlet than do an origin episode of a timeless story.

This will not end well.

No kidding. The obvious route to go is that Captain Hook is Peter Pan's father. Sheesh. ;)

"You know...not EVERY story has to be interesting." -Gibby

Nezpop wrote:

: No kidding. The obvious route to go is that Captain Hook is Peter Pan's father. Sheesh. ;)

I dunno, I think there could be something interesting about a story in which one brother stops growing up while the other one gets older. But I have my doubts about whether THIS story should be that that story.

Gavin O'Connor flies to Sony's 'Neverland'

"Warrior" director Gavin O'Connor is in talks to direct Sony Pictures' Peter Pan pic "Neverland," which has Channing Tatum attached to play Captain Hook. . . .

Variety, March 15