The Royal Wedding

gigi

Anyone else excited about this?

I will, of course, be watching it with academic glasses on, commenting on the nature of national rituals and not her wedding dress. Of course.

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov

MattPage wrote:

: Grandson of the richest woman in the world . . .

J.K. Rowling has a grandson? ;)

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Might get a good view from my new office though...

Show off :P Think there's a lot to be said for watching it on the tele like most plebs, meself.

Would like to be in London that day. I was in town the day before Diana's funeral and it was an odd experience, so much of the city had converted into a space of mourning. It would be interesting to contrast that with the space of celebration that it will undoubtedly be for the Royal Wedding. I also like the feeling of tourism on my own country at these moments; at times of heightened nationalism and pageantry, the culture doesn't feel quite like it is mine, though I am guessing that is true for many white British folk too.

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov