Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Trance (2013)

Hollywood Reporter:

Michael Fassbender is in talks to be the first actor to board Danny Boyle’s return to the land of edgy thriller, Trances.

The pic is remake of a 2003 British movie directed by Joe Ahearne and centers on an art heist. An assistant at an auction house masterminds the heist and teams up with a gang of thieves, but suffers a blow to the head and wakes up with amnesia. He is the only one who knows where the painting’s location is and after his continued failure to remember, the gang begins to suspect duplicity on his part and hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain.

The story also mentions that Boyle is directing the opening ceremonies of the 2012 London Olympics, which was news to me.

The pic is remake of a 2003 British movie directed by Joe Ahearne and centers on an art heist.

My scramble-brain told me the film "centers on an atheist."

Edited by Ron Reed

The pic is remake of a 2003 British movie directed by Joe Ahearne and centers on an art heist.

My scramble-brain told me the film "centers on an atheist."

Maybe that too! You know how those art types are...

Screen Rant: Fassbender is out, James McAvoy might be in (though not to replace Fassbender).

Also, it looks like the title is Trance, not Trances. How do I go about changing that in the thread title?

How do I go about changing that in the thread title?

Go to your first post, click edit, choose "full editor". This should take you to the screen that you originally started the "new topic", and allow you to change the title.

Very weird trailer. Have to admit Iike the surreal turn. Very interested to see this.

*edit* seems like I saw the Restricted Trailer, which has one very twisted scene involving a half blown away head talking. That's when the "surreal turn" happened and I realized that it's in his head. This trailer has the whole "in his head" part a lot more overt.

Edited by Justin Hanvey

I had heard this movie was dumb, but I had no idea it was that dumb.

Some local critic buds have this on their best-of-year lists, so I checked it out. Seemed like a big swing-and-a-miss, but I thought that might just have been me. I see that it's not.