Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Pan

Links to our film-related threads on Peter Pan (2003), Finding Neverland (2004), Neverland (2011), Tink (in development), Peter Pan Begins (in development) and Peter and the Starcatchers (in development).

Link to our book-related thread on Peter Pan in Scarlet (2006).

- - -

Essential to commence sales on Pan starring Eckhart, Robb

Aaron Eckhart and AnnaSophia Robb will star in the dark spin on Peter Pan that was originally set up at New Line as a directing vehicle for Guillermo del Toro.

Ben Hibon will direct the story from a screenplay by Ben Magid in which Eckhart plays Hook, the Captain Hook character reimagined as a tormented former detective on the trail of a childlike kidnapper. Robb, riding high following the solid recent launch of Soul Surfer, will portray Wendy, the lone survivor who leaves an asylum to help in the hunt.

Sean Bean has been cast as Smee, the chief detective and Hook’s only ally on the force. Essential Entertainment expects to kick off pre-sales in Cannes this week ahead of an October start in Eastern Europe. . . .

Screen Daily, May 10

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Exclusive : General Zod teams with The Lost Boys for Pan

The Aaron Eckhart starring “Pan”, a twist on J.B Barrie’s guy-in-green-skirt yarn from our childhood, is about to get underway at long last. Y’all know of this one, right? It’s based on a terrific little script by Benjamin Magid that places the characters from Peter Pan in modern-day USA. Eckhart is Captain Hook and Sean Bean is Smee, cop buddies on the hunt for a nutty killer, Pan. AnnaSophia Robb is playing Wendy, a young girl who escaped the clutches of Pen and teams with the police force to help catch him.

Anyway, keeping with the ‘cool cast’ they’ve already lined up for the thing, someone on the production tells us that Terence Stamp (“Superman II”, “The Adjustment Bureau”, “Wall Street”, “The Adventures of Priscilla”) has signed on for a role in the film. I’m guessing he’s not playing the Gator or a Lost Boy but I’m open to surprises.

Moviehole, October 28

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.