Sign in to follow this  

Inappropriate Posts (please read)

That is SOOO totally disrespectful and immature. I tend to go off on people who do that. It's completely unnecessary and outright rebellious. These are people that you cannot speak to (for they don't want to hear what you have to say anyway) and they seem to be an absolute waste of time.

How do you show Christ's love in a situation like that? I'm willing to wipe the dust off my feet and move on and not bat an eye at them. I mean it is not much to ask for people to use the standard conventions of polite speech (self-expression), ESPECIALLY on a Christian website.

Sorry, just a rant. Heh. wink.gif

Edited by BBBCanada

Just out of interest what does the report feature do? Cos on some boards this can suspend a post until a moderator approves it, which may or may not be worth installing.

Matt

I imagine this "poker" person wasn't serious about being a memeber in any way, shape of form and it looks like they have been removed from the member list, which I imagine was involuntary.

I suppose the chances of another person joining and doing the same thing get greater and greater as the board grows and I think there are lurkers who like to do that kind of stuff on "Christian" web sites, although I would like to think this site goes beyond the surface of the "Christian" community image.

Is there a way to keep images from being posted in the text box?

Just out of interest what does the report feature do? Cos on some boards this can suspend a post until a moderator approves it, which may or may not be worth installing.

Matt

No, it doesn't suspend a post--it simply sends an e-mail to me with your message about a post.

I might be able to set this up to go to my pager, though, so it might not be a bad idea.

(And it should be installed...don't you see "report!" links on the board? [you wouldn't be able to report a post from an admin or moderator.])

I wasn't sure what the REPORT button did. That's good to know, and I'll use it if I see anything odd.

tw

I'm sorry this happened. I've just come from a forum that was having the same kind of controversy. Not pictures really, but content. It wasn't a Christian site, but it was very open and a lot of kids and pre-teens visit it. The mindset of the posters who posted the content seemed to be, 'what's the big deal? get over it' kind of attitude, and 'you can't regulate something like this'. It's becoming very prevalent.

Make sure you ban the IP as well. Oftentimes these guys conjure up scores of sock puppets if it looks like they got any sort of response. blink.gif

Was thinking last night about when you said:

I might be able to set this up to go to my pager, though, so it might not be a bad idea

This could potentially backfire on you. Firstly cos if there was inappropriate content, and I was the first to see it, I could hit report and you could get (quite literally) Page-d during the middle of the night. Given that for several hours a day I'm about the only one of us around then there's a far chance of that happening. But there's also the option that someone might think its funny to hit "report" loads of times, and whenever that was it would be annoying for you. (you might want to delete this post once you've read it so it doesn't give people ideas)

Just a thought

Matt

Not only what Matt says, but what of a bunch of us catching it at the same time, or within several minutes? Your pager will go nuts. I know that when my cable goes out for instance, I call almost right away, but they already have had reports....