Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Dylan at 75

dylan33_JPG_994622cl-4.jpg

I know, I'm a little bit early starting this thread. But I believe in the power of wishful thinking. So consider this my contribution to the longevity of our greatest songwriter for another few years.

We've got to strengthen the things that remain.

mrmando   

Links to our threads on 'Kurt Cobain at 30,' 'Nick Drake at 35,' and 'Arthur Rimbaud at 40'...

dylan33_JPG_994622cl-4.jpg

I know, I'm a little bit early starting this thread. But I believe in the power of wishful thinking. So consider this my contribution to the longevity of our greatest songwriter for another few years.

We've got to strengthen the things that remain.

New York, NY -- Feb. 17, 2016

Bob Dylan's 115th studio album It Doesn't Feeeeel At All Anymore will be released to coincide with the venerable musician's 75th birthday, on May 24th, 2016. Mr. Dylan, now confined to his nursing home bed except for seventy to eighty smoke breaks during the day, recorded the album over the course of several months last summer and fall. The unique circumstances of the recording sessions (e.g., the need to stop for oxygen intake roughly every thirty seconds) contributed to what longtime Dylan apologist Clinton Heylin refers to as the "breathless" quality of the music. "He can barely mumble anymore," Heylin says, "and when he's got a bit of oxygen in him, he tries to squeeze in as many words as he can. It's almost impossible to understand him, very much like the amphetamine-fueled days of the '66 tour." The twelve tracks, split between eight covers and four original compositions, reflect Dylan's ongoing obsessions with mortality, spirituality, and young women.

Track List

1. Hand Me Down My Walking Cane

2. Don't Get Around Much Anymore

3. Positively Mayo Clinic*

4. It Was a Very Good Year

5. Bad Girls

6. Bingo With a Bimbo*

7. My Generation

8. The Way We Were

9. Silver Threads Among the Gold

10. Idiot Anesthesiologist*

11. Hey Nineteen

12. Last Night I Dreamed of an Erection*

* = New Dylan composition

Andy, you're the best. That's another one for the A&F Hall of Fame thread I should have started a decade ago. (Although then it probably would have been the Chiaroscuro Hall of Fame, but whatever.)

Edited by Overstreet

You know, I would actually like to hear him sing "It Was a Very Good Year." I think.