Sign in to follow this  
winter shaker

Cush - Black Heart, White Soul (2010)

I had forgotten about this song for a while now and now it's just been over one year since it was released. Gosh, The New Sound was such a great album, especially the phenomenal guitar on the opening track, "Heaven Sent", and while I've enjoyed the Spirituals EPs I'm hoping and praying CUSH can produce another album similar to their first album. Or at least an EP. This song sounds fantastic.

http://cush.bandcamp.com/

I'd give just about anything for a new Cush album.

Persona   

You just gave me an excuse to leave work early and get home - to listen.

Who is on vocals? There can only be one true Cush vocalist.

Tyler   

Very exciting indeed. I tried searching for more information on it, but came up with nothing.

I hope you mean Michael Knott.

I could be wrong but I think it's Holly Nelson. I think she's also involved with Stranger Kings with Eric Campuzano.

I will say though, Richard Swift on the cover of "I Would Die 4 U" is amazing (as is the epic typewriter solo!).

Edited by winter shaker

Persona   

Very exciting indeed. I tried searching for more information on it, but came up with nothing.

I hope you mean Michael Knott.

Duh! Who else?

I could be wrong but I think it's Holly Nelson. I think she's only involved with Stranger Kings with Eric Campuzano.

It is really quite nice, even though it has no Knott in it. I'm gonna go back later and listen with the earbuds.

The Northern Records forum had some more information but it's been slow to return to the Internet (one of the reasons I joined A&F). Apparently CUSH's main problem is finding vocalists (it would be a daunting task, but I volunteer my services - I practice singing daily in the shower). Also, Andrew Prickett produced one of OneRepublic's singles so I think he has been hanging out with them, but I could be wrong about that. Stranger Kings is also a pretty cool band.

http://strangerkings.bandcamp.com/track/lay-low-2