Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Links to our threads on Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).

Link to our thread on 'Disney Buys Marvel Entertainment'.

- - -

NYCC: Kevin Feige Says ‘Iron Man 3’ Is The Beginning Of “Phase Two” Leading To ‘The Avengers 2’
“We’re in preproduction on a movie called ’Iron Man 3’ right now. We’ve got a great director called Shane Black who’s taking the reins,” Feige said, discussing the possibility of future Marvel movies, specifically intergalactic offerings “Inhumans” and “Guardians of the Galaxy.” “It’s the first of what we refer to Phase Two of this Avengers Assemble talk, which will lead to an ‘Avengers 2.’ Those movies will be a part of that.”
The Playlist, October 15

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

I anxiously await the summer tentpole film that will eventually see itself released in January. :)

Christian wrote:

: I realize "summer movie season" starts earlier and earlier each year, but has it ever started before May 1?

Fast Five was released on April 29 last year, and it opened to over $86 million -- does that count? (Admittedly, May 1 did fall on that weekend, on the Sunday...)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since this is the newest Whedon-related thread, I'll paste here:

It amused me. And it would have been way better for the administration to go for this one over the Lena Dunham one.

It amused me.

Me too, and I think its extreme silliness makes it almost supra-political. In the first 'serious' moments, I was marveling at what a bad actor he is. Then I realized he'd completely taken me in.

I'm kind of curious, though, now that I mention it.)

I am too and about the Politics forum.

Edited by Josie

Avengers: Age of Ultron, unscrambled, is Avengers Goal: Fortune.

They're pretty cool characters in the original X-Men comic run. I could see Whedon doing something interesting with them. There's a bit of a Simon/River dynamic to them. Not so much that Scarlet Witch is mad, but that Quicksilver is overprotective of her and basically puts everything secondary to her.

Who will play Ultron? Who, indeed, will Ultron even *be*? SPOILERS ABOUND, of course.

In possibly related news, Joss Whedon talks to Entertainment Weekly about the possibility that he might kill a major character in this movie.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

Who will play Ultron? Who, indeed, will Ultron even *be*? SPOILERS ABOUND, of course.

In possibly related news, Joss Whedon talks to Entertainment Weekly about the possibility that he might kill a major character in this movie.

Oh wow, wow, wow. I could totally see...

Bettany as the voice of Ultron and even portray the character of Vision, given they're not going with the Ultron-as-Hank-Pym-creation version.

And killing a major character? Hawkeye and Black Widow are easy choices. So would be the two new players: Quicksilver or The Scarlet Witch. But I could see them killing off Cap - there is president for that from the comics - or even Iron Man (RDJ is contracted for Avengers 3, but that could be a flashback scene/sequence for all we know and would be a damn good way to pass the baton off from an aging actor and deliver a solid emotional punch to the Marvel cinematic universe).

Edited by Darryl A. Armstrong

Oh.  I don't know anything about the comics and I don't always manage to see all these films, but I just heard that this film is the 2001: A Space Odyssey / Terminator plot-line of the Marvel universe.

In other words, Ultron is basically Marvel's version of HAL or Skynet.  Is that right?  With Whedon writing the script, that should be interesting.

But it uses that song oh so well. Who ever dreamed we'd hear that song sung by James Spader in an imitation of Tom Waits singing "The Ocean Doesn't Want Me Today"? So awesome. And the lyrics to that song have very interesting implications for the story.

But the rest of the trailer? Ugh. Why not just call it Transformers 6? Synergy indeed.