X-Men: Days of Future Past

Peter T Chattaway

My chief qualm with the plot of the movie was this: it established near the beginning that while Kitty Pride was, in the future, zapping Wolverine back in time, the two timelines would flow in tandem, and when she stopped zapping Wolvie back, the timeline would be set in place. And yet, the storyline in the past seemed to have taken place over the course of - at least - several days. Wolverine drove from NYC to Connecticut, chatted with the Professor and Beast, they went to find Quicksilver, went to Washington DC to free Magneto, traveled by jet to Europe, had their adventure there, traveled back to DC, had adventures there, and finally ended the trip to the past. Meanwhile, Kitty Pride is zapping Wolverine in the future the entire time. For days. Maybe even a week. Maybe her superpower is stamina?

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...which totally undermines the stakes of X-MEN: APOCALYPSE." YES! That's exactly what I've been SAYING!

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.