Sign in to follow this  
Spoon

Being Human

stumbled upon this one through netflix instant view. anyone seen it? centers around a vamipre, werewolf, and ghost, who live together and bond because of their differences. in addition to the interesting themes, it shifts beautifully from hilarious to melodramatic (almost like shaun of the dead). i'm only a few episodes in but there also seems to be a "big bad" lurking, ala buffy.

it's really wonderfully done all around.

"I am quietly judging you" - Magnolia

I liked the first series, which explored the intriguing possibilities of the premise quite effectively. The casting is great, also, so much that although I tried to give the American version a chance, I just couldn't deal with the actors, particularly the odd-looking guy who plays the American vampire...but that's a whole other thread, I guess. Series 2 became very dark and twisted in the "watching a trainwreck" sense, at least for me. Series 3 was just off the rails dark. There's no redemption for these creatures, and I guess that's the statement about "being human."

YMMV, of course.

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)