Jason Panella

What board games have you been playing lately?

18 hours ago, Jason Panella said:

They have Patchwork? I need to check their collection out more often. 

Oh, great.  Now you're going to put it on hold and I won't be able to renew it.  ;)  Yeah, we're having a lot of fun with it.  And Daisy legit beat me the first time we played, which always boosts her enthusiasm for a new game.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-card-game/mec01_feature.jpg

I'm still on the fence on this one. Cindy and I have played twice. Aside from some poorly written rules, the mechanics seem okay. It's not really a deckbuilder so much as a tableau builder. We did the easiest campaign (Mirkwood) and one easily with the Leaders-Spirit combination and then lost badly with the Tactics-Lore combo (didn't really have any characters with Willpower for questing and fighting was wasted as encounters kept turning over locations rather than enemies.)

The games says 2 players expandable to four with another copy of the base set but I haven't yet figured out why you couldn't play four with the base set other than they only give you two "threat meters" -- which could very easily be tracked on paper. I'll probably give it a few more tries, but I'm hard pressed to think that there won't be a time where I would just rather play Legendary--more variations and diversity.