Sign in to follow this  
Taylor Olsen

Film Seminar with Scott Derrickson

Anna and I wanted to remind you all that Arts & Faith's own Scott Derrickson is teaching a film seminar, "Transcendent Darkness," at our Glen Workshop West this summer.

From the class description:

"This seminar and its accompanying discussion will be unafraid to confront the grotesque in the context of grace, in the grand tradition of Flannery O’Connor. In the end, Derrickson believes, confronting the darkness in us is often not only a prelude to understanding grace, hope, and redemption, but can itself be an experience of the divine."

And if you want to come (to any workshop at the Glen, not just Scott's), we want to give you a discount-- $75 off for being a A & F member!

I was a bit iffy...but free snacks??? So there! :)

This is one of the things that bums me out about being back in Minnesota. Trips out west are not plausible aat this time.

I was a bit iffy...but free snacks??? So there! :)

This is one of the things that bums me out about being back in Minnesota. Trips out west are not plausible aat this time.

Too bad! There is also another Glen, in South Hadley, Massachusetts. But of course that one doesn't have a workshop with Scott-- or free snacks.

I'm leaning toward joining the workshop myself. I had planned on taking the Glen as a writer's retreat this year, but the workshop looks too good to pass up.

Truly...we see which artist cares about the people attending the seminar. ;)

Are you kidding, Deb? I gave you a whole cafeteria of scrumptious lunch possibilities right after each session! ;)