phlox   

Tulip Fever

Amsterdam, 1634  (only date I saw in the film)

Not enough character development...but worth seeing for the actors, lavish sets and Vermeer-like interiors

Ron Reed   

One, Two, Three (1961, Billy Wilder)

“On Sunday, August 13, 1961, the eyes of America were on the nation’s capital, where Roger Maris was hitting home runs number 44 and 45 against the Senators. On that same day, without any warning, the East German Communists sealed off the border between East and West Berlin. I only mention this to show the kind of people we’re dealing with—real shifty."

Ron Reed   

Experiment In Terror

Ticket to ball game at Candlestick Park: Aug 8, 1961

On 4/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, phlox said:

The Lost City of Z

February 6, 1911

Percy Fawcett addresses the Royal Geographical Society with his discovery.

Two more from this remarkable film.

September 26, 1916 - Fawcett's men charge the German lines, and are attacked with chlorine gas.

December 3, 1924 - Fawcett's press interview, announcing the second attempt to locate Zed with his son Jack.

Ron Reed   

SIMON BIRCH

"October 30th, 1964. Our team was getting beaten badly..."  Owen Meany... er, I mean, Simon Birch... hits a foul ball with dire consequences.

Ron Reed   

THE CHOSEN

May 8, 1945 - V.E. Day

Nov 29, 1947 - United Nations votes to establish state of Israel

Ron Reed   

My movie buddy who sends me a fresh list of movie dates every now and then just emailed another batch. Some we've already nabbed, others are fresh...

Captain Fantastic 4/23/1974-7/15/2015 (Tombstone) (1:40:00)
A Child Is Waiting 3/6/1959 (37:42) 9/6/1959 ((39:51)
It’s Always Fair Weather 10/11/1955 (13:36 + 17:57)
Mysterious Mr. Moto 9/12 (34:00)
Of Human Bondage [1934 film] 4/6/1933 (1:16:55)
On The Beach 8/6 (1:03:26)
Operation Petticoat 12/23/1941 (1:15:23) 12/31/41(1:20:43&1:21) 1/3/42 (1:44:43)
The Picture Of Dorian Grey 11/9 (1:03:31)
Patterns 10/3+11/7 (32:56)
The Scar [aka Hollow Triumph 1948)2/1-28 (dates in ledger) (58:33)
Think Fast, Mr. Moto 2/13 (13:09)
The Wrong Man 1/14/1953 (1:07) (others dates later but didn’t get them down)

Taxi Driver

May 31st, 1976 - Expiration date of Travis Bickle's hack license.
There are probably more dates from this film that can be found. I just happened to see a reproduction of the license online, and confirmed it at IMDb under the trivia page for the film.

bickle_hack_license.thumb.jpg.b927951555eab88ec0c10fa29db61457.jpg

Ron Reed   
45 minutes ago, John Drew said:

Taxi Driver

May 31st, 1976 - Expiration date of Travis Bickle's hack license.
There are probably more dates from this film that can be found. I just happened to see a reproduction of the license online, and confirmed it at IMDb under the trivia page for the film.

Fantastic!  When I think of favourite Date Movies, Taxi Driver comes to mind right away. The amazing voice over sequences:

"May tenth. Thank God for the rain..."

"May twenty-sixth, 4:00 pm. I took Betsy to Charles coffee shop..."

"June eighth. My life has taken another turn again..."

"June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape now..."

There's also an election banner for the Presidential primaries, "Register July 20th New Yor--"

Dialogue: "I hear Palantine got the nomination." / "Yeah. Won't be long now. Seventeen days."  Since the 1976 Presidential election was November 2nd, this conversation occurred October 16th.

How great to add another date!  Can't wait to find it in the movie. 

American Made (2017)

July 15th, 1979 - Jimmy Carter's Crisis of Confidence speech

March 16th, 1986 - Ronald Reagan addresses the nation on the Sandinistas in Nicaragua (the use of this speech in the film is a bit of a puzzler because of the date the speech was given, and a date of another significant event that I can't reveal for spoiler reasons)

Sept. 14th 1986 - Nancy Reagan kicks off the Just Say No to Drugs campaign

Seal Family Home Video

Dec. 25th & 26th, 1982

Barry Seal Video Diary Entries

Dec. 20th, 1985

Jan. 2nd, 11th, 18th, 24th, 26th, 1986

Feb. 19th, 1986

Many more can probably be discovered on closer examination.

Blade Runner 2049

There are a lot of dates running throughout this movie, and it's going to be fun to seek them out once BR 2049 makes it to home video. But the three I caught (not counting the earlier mentioned 6-10-21 from the trailer)...

June 15th, 2020 - incept date for Sapper Morton (David Bautista).

June 30th, 2049 -  date where K undergoes his psychosis test (for lack of a better term).

Now, here's the interesting date, not only because it appears onscreen in BR 2049 (twice), but because it applies a specific date to a scene in Blade Runner which was not given in that film. No spoilers here, but in BR 2049 there is a brief, degraded digital copy of the scene where Deckard meets Rachel for the first time in Blade Runner, and subjects her to the Voight-Kampf test used to ID replicants. The digital playback of this interview says it took place on November 20th, 2019.

So here's a question, Ron - Can this November 20th, 2019 date be used for both films, even though it only shows up in BR 2049? And if so, I'm wondering if any more dates can then be extrapolated for the original film, from this bit of info in the new film.

Edited by John Drew

Stronger - has a few shots of Gyllenhaal's character wearing wristbands with April 15, 2013.

Loving Vencent - Newspaper clipping concerning Van Gogh's death has dateline of July 27

Inferno (1980)

April 30th - Date on a letter from Rose to her brother Mark.

This date becomes something of an unintentional joke (I think). The letter is shown being written and dated late at night on April 30th in New York. The recipient receives the letter in Rome. The postmark on the envelope is April 30th. Events take place later that night in Rome, and then switch to events taking place that same night in New York. We are told this via a title card that says "LATER THAT SAME APRIL NIGHT, IN NEW YORK". Either April has been given a few extra days in this film (I would think by this time it must be April 35th) or the director just didn't care.