Unforgiven

Mar. 11 and Aug. 6 - dates on the gravestone of Bill Munny's wife.

Money Monster

Movie takes place on March 31, 2016.  A clip from a previous broadcast of Money Monster is from March 6th.

Edited by John Drew

The Shallows - April 26th (and by deduction, 25th); after being stranded for one day, Blake Lively states that it's April 26th.

The Man Who Knew Infinity

S. Ramanujan’s first letter to G.H. Hardy,  16 January 1913

Ramanujan became a Fellow of Trinity College, 10 October 1918

4 hours ago, phlox said:

The Man Who Knew Infinity

S. Ramanujan’s first letter to G.H. Hardy,  16 January 1913

Ramanujan became a Fellow of Trinity College, 10 October 1918

Superb!  I'm so eager to see that film.  And thanks for doing some date-spotting!

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - near the beginning of Chapter 2 - Another Door, Ricky reads a letter aloud from the Child Welfare service that states that he'll be taken back into state custody on June 1.

The Infitrator - mentioned a couple times is Oct. 3, the date set for the "wedding". For someone going through the dvd and can stop, there are some pics with dates on them.

Swiss Army Man: Two dates are clearly visible on Hank's phone: Tuesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 15.

The Last Post

28:12 

IMG_0286.JPG

The Life of Emile Zola

Zola receives a letter dated January 7th. Since a lot of the movie concerns the Dreyfus affair, dates of trials and arrests could probably be worked out.

Cimarron

A telegram reads: Aug 19th

Newspapers are dated: June 26th, August 17th, September 5th, September 23rd, and November 14th

Edited by Evan C

Captain Fantastic

Soon after the grocery store heist, the dad declares it to be Noam Chomsky Day. One of the kids protests that NC Day is Dec 7. There is also a brief view of a sign for NC Day with that date.

dates on the mother's headstone: (oops, the pen didn't write, but I think April 23 and June 15)

could be here already, vut the title isn't searchable for me to be sure.

The 33 - early on it show August  5 - Day 1. Just before the last miner comes up it shows they had written on the wall Aug 5 - Oct. 13

The Light Between Oceans: 31 May 1921, date on first grave marker; 25 April 1923, date on second grave marker; 27 April, Tom writes date in log, then a moment later picture disolves into a calendar with that date; April 26, date on memorial stone for man and baby lost at sea.

Chinatown

I'm sure dates from this movie can be backtracked a bit further, but I did pick up at least two dates from Chinatown.  The first appears early in the film on a "Vote Yes" flyer for the water bond initiative.  The ballot is set to be voted on November 6th.  For a couple of reasons, I assume this is supposed to be 1936 -  One, FDR is president (there is a large photo of him in the City Hall) - Two, the sequel to Chinatown (The Two Jakes) takes place in early 1948, and is supposed to take place 11 years after the incidents in Chinatown - Three, Seabicuit is featured prominently in a newspaper article.  Seabicuit's prime racing years were 1936-37.

The second date is November 4th.  When Jake Gittes confronts Noah Cross about the murder of Hollace Mulwray near the films conclusion, Cross assures Gittes that the water bond initiative will have no problem winning the vote in two days time. 

I suppose the film could be backtracked for additional dates.

Florence Foster Jenkins

October 25, 1944 - Carnegie Hall Concert

16 hours ago, John Drew said:

Chinatown

... I did pick up at least two dates from Chinatown.  The first appears early in the film on a "Vote Yes" flyer for the water bond initiative.  The ballot is set to be voted on November 6th.  For a couple of reasons, I assume this is supposed to be 1936...

The second date is November 4th.  When Jake Gittes confronts Noah Cross about the murder of Hollace Mulwray near the films conclusion, Cross assures Gittes that the water bond initiative will have no problem winning the vote in two days time. 

Nice work!  One of my favourite films. If I can give it a look in the near future, I'll see if I can figure out other dates from that.  

Jason Bourne

It's a Bourne film, so there's a lot of documents (papers or on computer screens) that have dates.  Two stood out for interesting reasons.  One was in connection to Bourne's father Richard Webb.  I believe it was his birth date - 12/29/50 - the date (though not the year) is the day my sister was born.  The other date was Nikki Parsons birth date - 03/28/83 - which was my folks 19th wedding anniversary.  I don't think I'll be watching this film again to look for more dates.

6 hours ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

So Nikki Parsons was only 19 during the events of The Bourne Identity? (Julia Stiles was 21 when the film came out, younger when it was filmed.)

Yeah, I was thinking about that today.  There was another date that showed up, sometime in 1999, which was Jason Bourne's induction into the Treadstone program.  At that point, Nikki would have been 16.  When exactly, and how old was she, when she and Bourne were involved together, and just how young does the CIA seek out recruits?  IIRC, there is a line in ZERO DARK THIRTY, where the CIA Director asks Maya how she got involved with the agency, and she responds that she was recruited out of high school, so I guess recruitment can be at a fairly young age.  I know the conversation is fictional, but I have to assume that this does actually happen.

Magnificent Seven (2016) - just before the big one-on-one between Washington's and Sarsgaard's characters, Washington's mentions 14 Oct 1867 in his explanation of why he hates Sarsgaard's