Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna J

Board Upgrading (what's working? what's not?)

149 posts in this topic

My avatar got the axe...

Mine too. It looks like dropped Gravatar support and went back to using "normal" avatars.

And mine. Should I expect Gravatar support to return, or find another avatar?

I just noticed that, whether because of the different skin or some other reason, you can now see what you voted for in a poll because there's a star next to your choice. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before, and it's a cool feature. Any way we can keep it?

Had to resort to Internet Explorer to post this.  :(  My browser of choice, Chrome, is no longer capable of posting replies at A&F.  I get the "reply" window but no tool bar.  I can type a message in the reply window, but when I hit "post," I get a message that reads "You must put text in the reply field" or something like that.  Strange.  I tried deleting my cookies a couple days ago but that didn't seem to help.

Had to resort to Internet Explorer to post this.  sad.png  My browser of choice, Chrome, is no longer capable of posting replies at A&F.  I get the "reply" window but no tool bar.  I can type a message in the reply window, but when I hit "post," I get a message that reads "You must put text in the reply field" or something like that.  Strange.  I tried deleting my cookies a couple days ago but that didn't seem to help.

You may also need to clear your cache. I had some problems with Chrome at first, too. However, deleting cookies and clearing the cache fixed it.

Can you guys see the new skin? I set it to default (THANKS JASON!)

Yes, but I can't see anyone's profile pictures.

Me neither. I think it's because of an FTP issue. Jason and I are working on it.

Also: I had to go to the very bottom of the page and click "Change Theme" next to the orange RSS icon, and choose "Image3". Before I did that, it only showed me the new skin when I wasn't logged in.

Hmm.  I can see profile pictures if I'm logged out, but as soon as I log in they disappear.

Yes, but I can't see anyone's profile pictures.

Oops... I made a slight mistake when editing the new theme's CSS. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

OK, the profile pictures should be back in place. If you still don't see them, try logging out and logging back in and/or clearing your browser's cache.

I dig the new design of the wordmarks.

Me too. But can we change the color scheme to something a little softer, Anna/Opus? Pretty please? 

Also, what happened to user avatars next to posts on the homepage? Tried the ol' cache-clearing and logging out/in and still nada

Edited by Greg P

I dig the new design of the wordmarks.

Me too. But can we change the color scheme to something a little softer, Anna/Opus? Pretty please? 

Also, what happened to user avatars next to posts on the homepage? Tried the ol' cache-clearing and logging out/in and still nada

The avatars should be there now. As for the color scheme, I don't think that's out of the question. Now that the upgrade is (mostly) complete, we can refine from there. But I want to get all of the upgrade-related issues out of the way, first.

I had kind of gotten used to certain kinds of formatting being preserved when I copied-and-pasted into the "reply" box -- bolds, italics, hyperlinks, that sort of thing. (I'm not a fan of keeping the font formatting, though.) Any chance that that could be restored in the near future?

I had kind of gotten used to certain kinds of formatting being preserved when I copied-and-pasted into the "reply" box -- bolds, italics, hyperlinks, that sort of thing. (I'm not a fan of keeping the font formatting, though.) Any chance that that could be restored in the near future?

If you're using the visual editor -- which can be turned on by clicking the little light switch-looking icon in the upper-left corner of the text box -- then you should be able to do that.

For example, I copied and pasted your signature text into the editor, and it kept the font size, color, etc.

Also, if you're using the visual editor, you can click on the "Editor Options" menu (look for the little gear and screwdriver icon at the end of first row of icons). Make sure that "Paste as plain text by default" is not checked.

Uh-oh. The url4short spambots are back.

Been on these boards for nearly 10 years, and have only now discovered the "Jump to page" feature.  For those of you who don't know of it (I'm sure that's very few), in any of the forums move your mouse over the "Page 1 of ___", click, and the "Jump to page" window opens.  I've spent a lot of time unnecessarily clicking through pages over the years.  whistling2.gif

EXAMPLE

JumptoPage_zpsf2312d2e.jpg

Hey wait a minute. I loved the "Jump to page" feature, but I thought it had disappeared with the new board software (as I recall the words "Jump to page" used to be there without clicking on anything, and now they're not). Really glad to see I was wrong.

This is the first I've ever heard of the "Jump to page" feature in *any* iteration of this board.

This is the first I've ever heard of the "Jump to page" feature in *any* iteration of this board.

Me, too. I just tried it on this page, hovering over "Page 8 of 8" and clicking on it. And there it is!

Very cool.

What other features of this board don't I know about?

I had never heard of it either.

I feel less far less stoopid this morning.  I can has victory lap!

Edited by John Drew

I just applied a patch to the forum software earlier today. The patch was relatively minor but if you notice any oddities, please let me know.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0