The Maid and The Queen: The Secret History of Joan of Arc

Links to our threads on Carl Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928), Victor Fleming's Joan of Arc (1948), Otto Preminger's Saint Joan (1957), Robert Bresson's The Trial of Joan of Arc (1962) and Philippe Ramos' The Silence of Joan (2011).

- - -

Kamala Films & Furst Films Pick Up Joan of Arc Book ‘The Maid and The Queen’

Nancy Goldstone’s recently published historical nonfiction book is being adapted into a screenplay by Dana Stevens. The screenwriter previously adapted For Love of the Game into a script and 1998’s City of Angels, among others. Maid and The Queen, published by Viking, tells the story of how Queen Yolande of Sicily orchestrated Joan of Arc’s rise from her peasant beginnings to becoming France’s legendary martyr.

Deadline.com, May 11

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.