Sign in to follow this  
Darren H

Clara Wren Hughes

06-nighttime03-670x445.jpg

Most of you have probably already seen a birth announcement on Twitter or Facebook, but I'm really excited to share the news of my daughter's birth. Joanna and I are one of those many couples who struggle for years and years to have kids, so to suddenly find myself living with two happy, healthy daughters is just the greatest kind of joy.

Greatest kind of joy, indeed! Congratulations, Darren.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

What a lovely little bundle!

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Beautiful... and I dig the first name. (I have a little Clara myself.) :)

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

Congratulations, Darren (and Joanna)!

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Woot!! She's beautiful.

That's just how eye roll.

Congrats, Darren! I enjoy hearing about your growing family here and on Facebook.

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Reviews and essays at Three Brothers Film.

Congrats!

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

Wonderful news! Congratulations to you all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, has anyone gifted you a copy of David McPhail's Sisters yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------