Sign in to follow this  
J.A.A. Purves

Top 25 2013 Theme Voting

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tentative Timeline:

Nominate Top 25 themes: November 1

Close theme nominations: November 9

Begin voting on themes: Now.

Close voting: November 16

Open film nominations and discussion: November 16

Close film nominations: January 4

Open voting on films: January 5

Close voting: January 18

Write blurbs: January 18-February 1

Post results: TBA

Academy Awards: February 24

Even though I nominated Comedies, I voted for Memory - I'd love to see a list about that, as well as to participate in the discussion leading up to it.

I voted for Marriage - partly because I can think of a good many films worth discussion, but also because it might be a list of real interest to others besides ourselves; it has a more universal reach than most of the other themes, plus contemporary significance.

Still, almost any of these topics would be fascinating. I can't wait!

I voted for "memory" since it's something of real interest to me academically and I think important in thinking about cinema.

But I'm pleased with "marriage" as a choice too.

I voted for marriage, but I had a thought. If we get two solid breakout topics in terms of vote count, can we go ahead and make a close second place finisher next years A&F Top 25 pick? Unless, of course, something major happens in the next 12 months that points us in another direction. Just a suggestion.

edit: It might also encourage more voting. I know sometimes folks may read through a thread before voting, and see that one topic has a full head of steam, and not bother to vote for another topic.

Edited by John Drew

Quick reminder: I will close voting and start a film nomination thread tomorrow night at 12:00 a.m., Pacific Standard Time.