A Woman Under the Influence (1974)

I'm starting this thread in anticipation of what looks like is going to be our next Top 25 list. There doesn't seem to have ever been much discussion of this film at A&F. In fact, after doing a search, there doesn't seem to be any thread dedicated to any films at A&F directed by John Cassavetes. Other than it's placing in some film viewing journals, I've only be able to find the following two comments:

Falk is so good in this movie, he's hard to watch. Cassavetes filmed characters' souls, I tell you.

And Peter, I'm astonished you've never seen A Woman Under the Influence. I think that's Cassavetes best film, and Falk's other best role.

• 2 months later...

Wow! I'm about half way thru this, and it is incredible. What. A. Film! What performances! Rowlands, and Falk, and the kids -- AMAZING. This is cinema! I am so blown away right now I'm almost afraid to finish it. I paused to look for a thread. Oh, I can't wait to finish this film!

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Filmsweep Reaction.

Amazing film. In so many ways.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.