Sign in to follow this  
Justin Hanvey

The God Particle

Color me interested. Could this be another Moon, or maybe Another Earth or even that amazing movie called Love. .

Love smart thoughtful sci fi.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97578

Paramount Insurge and Bad Robot have hired Julius Onah to direct God Particle, reports Variety.

The plot of the film is said to revolve around an American space station that, after an accident with a particle accelerator, suddenly finds Earth has vanished altogether. Things get stranger when they then they pick up traces of another space station nearby.

Oren Uziel wrote the script and J.J. Abrams will produce. The film will carry a budget of around $5 - 10 million.

Onah has previously directed such short films as Big Man and Little Girl Blue.

J.J. Abrams is involved, so it will probably have some superficial thrills. I don't know that I'd expect it to be all that "thoughtful", though.

Yep, the Angels and Airwaves one. Really enjoyed it. Very 2001-ish

Is this available for viewing or purchase somewhere? The CD itself came to me at a point that really mattered in a particular moment. In fact, I'm still quite certain I owe someone around here some postage for that...

Yep, the Angels and Airwaves one. Really enjoyed it. Very 2001-ish

Is this available for viewing or purchase somewhere? The CD itself came to me at a point that really mattered in a particular moment. In fact, I'm still quite certain I owe someone around here some postage for that...

Netflix doesn't have it, but it's a $3.99 rental on Amazon.

Bad Robot’s ‘God Particle’ Off Paramount’s Schedule, ‘Cloverfield’ Sets Fall Date
Bad Robot’s God Particlewhich was originally expected to launch on Feb. 24 has been moved off the schedule.
Meanwhile, there’s a new Cloverfield movie in Imax that landed on the release calendar for Oct. 27, the pre-Halloween frame. It’s a clever way of wording a release date announcement because the gist is that Julius Onah’s God Particle is now Cloverfield. God’s Particle stars  David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl and Chris O’Dowd. Pic focuses on a group of astronauts aboard an international space station who make a shocking discovery and must fight for their survival. Oren Uziel and Doug Jung wrote the screenplay. . . .
Deadline.com, December 8

- - -

I note that the film is supposedly set on an American space station, yet none of the actors are American. (I count two Brits, an Irishman, a German, an Australian and a Chinese actress.) Kind of like how Hacksaw Ridge mostly has Australians playing Americans, or how Doctor Strange has four Brits, a Canadian and a Danish actor in its above-the-line roles (only two of which, I think, are supposed to be American characters).

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

The Cloverfield Paradox was released this week via streaming on Netflix after a surprise reveal during the Super Bowl. Having now seen it, it's unbearably mediocre.