Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Oscars 2013: Best Original Song

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seventy-five songs (from, um, sixty movies, I think) are eligible. Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Vote!

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

This is the one I wanted Beasts of the Southern Wild to win....that song in the trailer. Beautiful song. I really don't see how Adele won't win this one.

Edited by Justin Hanvey

"The truth is you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin Ringo, I'm tryin real hard to be the shepherd." Pulp Fiction

Justin's Blog twitter Facebook Life Is Story

Ryan H. wrote:

: It's tragic that the Morricone song from DJANGO wasn't nominated.

Was it an *original* song?

Justin Hanvey wrote:

: This is the one I wanted Beasts of the Southern Wild to win....that song in the trailer.

Was it in the actual film? And was it original? In any case, as you can see, it wasn't on the 75-song eligibility list.

It's called Once There Was a Hushpuppy written by Dan Romer and Benh Zeitlin. Sounds original to me.

Edited by Justin Hanvey

"The truth is you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin Ringo, I'm tryin real hard to be the shepherd." Pulp Fiction

Justin's Blog twitter Facebook Life Is Story