Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chillinrev

Christmas Playlist 2012.

12 posts in this topic

You know you do it. What is on your Christmas playlist this year? The new Polyphonic Spree? Kate Bush? Sting? Slade? Reveal all and make us smile or cringe.

Brubeck's God's Love Made Visible

Mary Chapin Carpender: Come Darkness, Come Light

Sufjan Stevens (of course)

Polyphonic Spree - Holidaydream

She & Him - A Very She & Him Christmas

Low - Christmas EP

Over the Rhine - Snow Angels

Aimee Mann - One More Drifter in the Snow

I'll Stay Til After Christmas compilation

The Boy Least Likely To - christmas special

This Warm December Compilation

Kindercore Records Christmas

Raveonettes - Wishing You A Rave Christmas

and some random songs.

For those that want to hear something a bit more avant garde/ambient this series of free downloads are great

http://bfwrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/the-bfw-christmas-album-2012

Also enjoying Sleeping at Last, Polyphonic Spree, the Raveonettes, Low, Sufjan, the Concretes, Future of Forestry, A Fine Frenzy, Over the Rhine, The Killers, U2, Owl City, Sixpence None the Richer and not forgetting Smith & Burrows amazing album.

I listen to almost nothing but Christmas music every December, but my tastes are pretty simple: the standards (Frank, Dean, Nat, Bing, and Burl), classic soul (Motown and Stax collections), a few personal favorites (Sufjan, Bruce Cockburn, and Kate Bush), kid's music (especially Sesame Street), and the big one, Vince Guaraldi.

My always-evolving playlist is at Spotify. I turn it on the minute I get home from work and listen to it until my older daughter goes to sleep.

I have a CD of the monks of Weston Priory doing their own music. Marvelous.

To be opened with Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby", since an excellent anthology was released last month. santa.gif

I listen to almost nothing but Christmas music every December, but my tastes are pretty simple: the standards (Frank, Dean, Nat, Bing, and Burl), classic soul (Motown and Stax collections), a few personal favorites (Sufjan, Bruce Cockburn, and Kate Bush), kid's music (especially Sesame Street), and the big one, Vince Guaraldi.

My always-evolving playlist is at Spotify. I turn it on the minute I get home from work and listen to it until my older daughter goes to sleep.

What is this Kate Bush Christmas music that you speak of?!

She released an album called 50 Words for Snow last year. A great album.

She released an album called 50 Words for Snow last year. A great album.

That's what I suspected. I've firmly put that album into the 'winter' mix rather than Cmas so that I have something to look forward to after the New Year. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else!

I think it's still close enough to Christmas to share.

My Christmas playlist is never complete without La Nativite du Seigneur by Olivier Messiaen. Here's the ninth and final movement, "Dieu parmi nous"