Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonLine

Heroclix - especially Star Trek Tactics

Has anyone played Star Trek Tactics Heroclix? I just opened my new basic set this morning, and have played four games, working through the basic rules (fairly boring) and starting to learn the core rules, which seem much more flexible and interesting.

I have read reviews of the Fleet Captains game, as well, and it sounds intriguing.

Just interested if anyone here has had experience with this game and gaming system?

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

Has anyone played Star Trek Tactics Heroclix? I just opened my new basic set this morning, and have played four games, working through the basic rules (fairly boring) and starting to learn the core rules, which seem much more flexible and interesting.

I have read reviews of the Fleet Captains game, as well, and it sounds intriguing.

Just interested if anyone here has had experience with this game and gaming system?

I'm sorry I can't give you any first-hand impressions, Denes, but here goes. :)

Out of the two big Star Trek games that came out in 2011 (the other being Expeditions), Fleet Captains really seems to have been the winner. It made a lot of people's best-of lists for the years, and I know folks still play it regularly. (It's currently ranked #157 on Boardgamegeek, which is pretty high.) Plus, it was a commercial hit for WizKids, so I think that means they'll continue to support it!

I know the ship miniatures use the Heroclix bases, but is it the same rules?

My understanding is that the Fleet Captains ships are NOT compatible with the regular Heroclix miniatures.

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."