Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Hemlock Grove

Alan Sepinwall says that even if the new Arrested Development season is great, Hemlock Grove is a streak-breaker for Netflix.

...it's also a mess: a horror series with a weirdly slow build (you don't even see the lead werewolf character transform until the end of the second episode), a mix of campy performances and competent ones, and just enough intriguing ideas to make me wish the entire thing was a lot better than it is.
Edited by Jason Panella

The new red-band trailer doesn't make me want to watch, either.

Ugh, no kidding. I think they're going for a certain audience, though, and they'll probably get them.

Can they really break a streak with only one series prior to this one? :)

Sepinwall is usually reliable. I may check it out, but if it's a dud, there's always Teen Wolf!

Can they really break a streak with only one series prior to this one? smile.png

Which is why I think Sepinwall included Arrested Development.

Have you already forgotten about Lilyhammer?

Tyler wrote:

: Have you already forgotten about Lilyhammer?

Who hasn't? :)

(Disclaimer: I haven't seen Lilyhammer, so that's not a comment on the show itself. But in terms of buzz and popular awareness...)

But isn't AD start in May? Even if really great, they are kind of working with a # of days since last incident situation. smile.png

Edited by Thom Wade

Lilyhammer was a Netflix product? I thought they just had the exclusive rights to present it.

Have you already forgotten about Lilyhammer?

This is probably picking nits, but Lilyhammer wasn't a Netflix original — Netflix was just the exclusive US distributor.

EDIT: Doh! Thom beat me to it by a minute or so.

Edited by Jason Panella

Gave the first episode a shot. It's really bad. Like, not even CW-level. The acting and writing reminded me of Eerie, Indiana, only if you take out everything fun or scary or resembling human feeling and add awkward cursing, sex, and violence (though not that much violence, really).

This is the first TV or movie credit for showrunners Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevey, and it shows.