Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna J

Forum Downtime?

8 posts in this topic

Hey y'all (imagine I'm saying this in a Tami Taylor voice),

I was required to "update the nameservers" for artsandfaith.com. I don't really understand but I did as I was told by the hosting service. If something goes wrong, tweet me at @annajoy7. Or email me or Greg. You can email us too--but I get tweets more quickly on my phone.

Another weird thing: When I log in I see an orange "UNAPPROVED" balloon next to several of the forums. So my questions are:

1) Are y'all seeing that too?

2) If not, are you having trouble posting, or are your posts not visible, in any of the subforums or anywhere? I haven't seen that before so I'm not sure if the board suddenly got updated to an "approval only" mode, or something.

I suppose it's difficult for you to know immediately if your posts are not being seen by anyone else. Ha.

I apologize for the awkwardness of this post-- we are at the Glen so I just want to make sure the board doesn't shut down or something while we're gone!

I don't see any orange balloons, I think.

Site is tremendously slow for me tonight

I'm not having any problems tonight, but the site has been intermittently very slow for the past week or so. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

The only orange balloons I see are the usual ones that say "Hot!", which as far as I know are added to some threads at random.

Edited by Rushmore

I'm not having any problems tonight, but the site has been intermittently very slow for the past week or so. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Yes to what Rushmore said above.

Has the slowness changed for anyone? Is it faster now? The site was down for a few hours last night but it should be ok now; any problems?

I know the url4short thing is still happening sometimes - we have a lot going on, but in a few weeks I hope to have time to work on that.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

I see orange balloons everywhere I go in life. This isn't what we're talking about, though, right?

The site had been slow for the past couple weeks, but since today it seems to be running normally.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0