Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter T Chattaway

Spider-Man: Homecoming

39 posts in this topic

At the 1:24 mark in that trailer Spidey's friend drops his Lego Death Star. The cross-promotion is mind-boggling!

2 hours ago, Anders said:

I thought the love interest was supposed to be Mary Jane?

According to Wikipedia, she is Liz Allan.

Also, apparently Shocker is in this as a villain alongside the Vulture. I totally missed that in the trailer.

Edited by winter shaker

I remember there was talk of casting a POC in the role as Mary Jane. A bit annoyed they seemed to have backed off that. 

9 hours ago, winter shaker said:

I suppose they are based on already existing characters, but Peter's friend and new love interest are characters we haven't seen in previous films.

Well at first I thought the guy was Ganke Lee a character that actually appears in the Miles Morales Spiderman comics as his best friend, but the character while looking like Lee is actually named Ned Leeds a very different character from the earliest Spiderman comics who was one of his reporter friends. so it looks like they are blending characters a bit?

14 hours ago, Anders said:

I remember there was talk of casting a POC in the role as Mary Jane. A bit annoyed they seemed to have backed off that. 

Well they did change the original ethnicity of Liz Allan.

Anders wrote:
: I remember there was talk of casting a POC in the role as Mary Jane. A bit annoyed they seemed to have backed off that. 

Did they actually back off that, or were the rumours simply wrong?

Zendaya is still in the movie, but she's not Mary Jane

This is actually less impressive than some of the earlier teasers:

3 hours ago, NBooth said:

This is actually less impressive than some of the earlier teasers:

Yeah, too much RDJ, too much confusing-looking action, I'm not especially jazzed. And I love Spider-Man! Sad.

24 minutes ago, Anders said:

Yeah, too much RDJ, too much confusing-looking action, I'm not especially jazzed. And I love Spider-Man! Sad.

It really makes me miss the Raimi incarnation of the franchise.

Sigh...more exploding monuments, holding separating objects together with webs, silly antagonism between superheroes...been there, done that too many times now.  I don't know that I'll even see this one as a rental.

I do sorta like the conception of The Vulture as anti-Iron Man, and also it's interesting seeing Stark try to take on a father figure role in his clumsy overprotective way. It also shows the web thing doesn't really work what with him needing Iron Man to push the pieces together. 

I don't know why, but given he was BATMAN and has been doing quite well in his career lately, it feels like the role of Vulture is beneath Michael Keaton's talents. That said, I guess this shows how "prestigious" or in demand roles in the MCU are. It sucks everything into its maw.

I may have said this before, but I can remember quibbling with the fact that the Sam Raimi trilogy made *such* a big deal of Peter Parker's tight finances that it always bothered me that Parker had such a swanky and clearly expensive Spider-Man suit -- so it pleases me somewhat to see that the new Spider-Man series has an in-universe explanation for the suit: it was financed by Tony Stark!

I m