Your Favorite Pixar

Favorite Pixar  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This overlaps a little with our history of Pixar thread, but I thought a poll would be fun. So: what is you favorite feature length Pixar film?

For me, the clear choice is WALL-E, the one Pixar film I've watched more times than any other. It has my favorite characters, the best story arc (IMO), my favorite Pixar score - both Newman's original music and the compiled pieces, homages to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and I think the space dance is the most beautiful sequence ever captured on film. And it's a lock-in for my top three films of all time.

Edited by Evan C

"Anyway, in general I love tragic artists, especially classical ones."

"Even the forms for expressing truth can be multiform, and this is indeed necessary for the transmission of the Gospel in its timeless meaning."

- Pope Francis, August 2013 interview with Antonio Spadaro

1. The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, Up
  2. Ratatouille, Wall-E, Toy Story, Toy Story 2
  3. Brave, Monsters Inc
  4. Cars
  5. A Bug's Life
  6. (haven't seen) Cars 2

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

1) WALL-E

2) The Incredibles

3) Ratatouille

4) UP

5) Finding Nemo

Subjectively and personally, I think I'd go for Up. I find it the strongest one emotionally, and I think the energy is a little better sustained than in Wall-E, even though the latter made a more overwhelming impression on first viewing.

Sad to say, I've only seen The Incredibles once, and that was several years ago. I definitely need to get to it again.

My ranking would go:

1. WALL-E

2. Finding Nemo

3. The Incredibles

4. Ratatouille

5. Up

Sad to say, I've only seen The Incredibles once, and that was several years ago. I definitely need to get to it again.

Yes, you really do. smile.png

"Even the forms for expressing truth can be multiform, and this is indeed necessary for the transmission of the Gospel in its timeless meaning."

• 3 weeks later...

I hate trying to figure this one out. From TOY STORY onwards, nearly each and every one of Pixar's releases have impacted my deeply in their own unique ways (I think A BUG'S LIFE and CARS 2 were the only ones that never really did anything for me). When I think pure entertainment value, THE INCREDIBLES, FINDING NEMO and MONSTERS INC. are the first ones that come to mind. When I think along the lines of more challenging, heartfelt storytelling, my mind reflects on RATATOUILLE, WALL-E and BRAVE. Everything else pretty much fits comfortably in between, and they're each so strikingly beautiful that ranking them seems a terrible injustice.

Since it's freshest in my mind, and since I've spent absurd amounts of time defending it, I'll go against the popular grain and cast my vote in for BRAVE. The other ones hardly need defending, but I'm afraid BRAVE will prove to be severely underrated down the road.

Hi, Jeremy! Any relation to Verlyn Ratzlaff, who is a C&MA pastor in New York State?

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

• 3 weeks later...

So is Verlyn, if I'm not mistaken.

• 1 year later...

FWIW, I was just asked to rank the Pixar features, and this is what I came up with:

1. Finding Nemo
2. Wall*E
3. Toy Story
4. Ratatouille
5. Up
6. Toy Story 3
7. The Incredibles
8. Brave
9. Monsters, Inc.
10. Toy Story 2

11. Cars

12. A Bug's Life
13. Cars 2
14. Monsters University

--I'd rank a few Pixar shorts above several of these features, but since we're sticking to feature-length Pixars only, there ya go.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

• 2 months later...

Updating my ranking. I may edit this after I see Inside Out again. EDIT: I reserve the right to move Inside Out up to #2 after I see it a third (and fourth) time.

1. WALL-E
  2. Finding Nemo
  3. Inside Out
  4. The Incredibles
  5. Ratatouille
  6. Up
  7. Monsters Inc.
  8. Toy Story
  9. Toy Story 3
  10. Brave
  11. Toy Story 2
  12. Monsters University
  13. Cars
Edited by Evan C