Sign in to follow this  
J. Henry Waugh

The Bridge

Is anyone else watching this new series on FX, set on the El Paso-Juarez border. It is a remake of a Swedish /Danish series, which I have recently learned is available on Dailymotion with subtitles.

I'm not all in on it yet, but it's been intrigueing enough after two episodes to keep watching.

I'm watching it. The second episode was better than the pilot, though I'm not convinced the world needs another serial killer show. Or another Asbergian investigator protagonist.

I've heard that Meredith Stiehm, the showrunner, plans to wrap up the killer story by the end of the first season and move on to other border issues, which is encouraging.

I liked the Pilot enough to keep watching with the following caveats:

1) Kruger is weak in lead, I think. Writing doesn't help her; disrespect and assumptions of character are really over done, but her acting doesn't help. Bichir is better.

2) It's got that overdone gore factor (CSI/Criminal Minds effect) that I find really distasteful in modern television.

That said, there's some interesting cuts/edits in pilot, and I hope it continues to be interested in the politics on the Mexican side.