Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Les Miserables--TV Show

Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars) is working on a TV Les Mis modern-day TV show.

the contemporary take is a primetime soap about a brilliant lawyer running a legal exoneration program who fights to evade the consequences of his own unjust conviction many years before. He must navigate high society, continue his mission of saving innocent people, and manage his tumultuous family and romantic life — all while staying one step ahead of a ruthless U.S. Attorney who refuses to let the ghosts of the past die.

Val Jean pretty famously doesn't have any romantic life in Les Mis, so that's at least one thing that will be different.

I saw that Rob Thomas tweeted something cryptic about Les Mis but I didn't click through!

This looks like it will probably be absolutely horrible AND AMAZING, except that there won't be music. Boo.

Count me in anyway.

ABC’s Revenge was inspired by Alexadre Dumas’ The Count Of Monte Cristo.

(from the article linked in the first post). Wow, really? I confess that I could only stand to watch the first couple episodes, but if The Count of Monte Cristo was really the "inspiration," I think the producers didn't finish the novel.

Regarding Rob Thomas and a modern take on Les Miserables...I'd give it a chance, at least.

At the end of the show there's another show coming,

But Valjean and Javert have to wait for a week.

And the credits hurry past; they must make way for Jack Bauer.

Victor Hugo and terrorist threats all in one night...

They make capturing viewing.

Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars) is working on a TV Les Mis modern-day TV show.

the contemporary take is a primetime soap about a brilliant lawyer running a legal exoneration program who fights to evade the consequences of his own unjust conviction many years before. He must navigate high society, continue his mission of saving innocent people, and manage his tumultuous family and romantic life — all while staying one step ahead of a ruthless U.S. Attorney who refuses to let the ghosts of the past die.

Val Jean pretty famously doesn't have any romantic life in Les Mis, so that's at least one thing that will be different.

I picked up on that too, Tyler. They almost had me interested until I got to that part. I'm so bored with "tumultuous romantic lives" on TV, I could spit. I'd be more interested if he had a stable romantic life -- or no romantic life! What a daring idea!